10 days out Sore, hurting and hungry

Michelle P.
on 11/4/12 10:08 am
RNY on 10/25/12

Hey everyone, I am now 10 days post out and still have such bad pains in my stomach and very sore. My back and legs ache non stop. I have tried getting up and walking, standing, hot showers and meds. Today is some what better with the leg and back pain. I am a very high and up beat person but I have found myself sorta a lil discouraged with the food options I see my diet is different from others and don't know why that is. I'm too the point where I am sick and tired of jello, broth, popsicles, pudding and soup. LOL I still love my life. Does anyone know why some diets are different and how long is my pain and nausa going to last?

dinas27
on 11/4/12 10:18 am - IL
RNY on 09/10/12

Trust me...ITS GOING TO GET BETTER!  And your going to love the changes this will make with your life.  I was sore and tired for at least 2 weeks after surgery. Then slowly it got better.  I do know that the more walking I did, the better I felt.  I set m y alarm on my watch and every hour I would walk laps from my kitchen to my dinning room.  I was on full liquid for 2 weeks after surgery and then soft foods for 2 weeks.  I know everyone has a different diet, but I kept telling myself this is what the DR wants this is what I'm going to do.  I have had ZERO complications, and I'm going to chose to believe its partly because I have slowly introduced foods.  Did you get any medicine for the Nausea? Call your DR if its bad enough that you cant get your liquids in.  Good Luck...and really...I PROMISE...it gets better soon!

Michelle P.
on 11/4/12 10:59 am
RNY on 10/25/12

Thank you for the words of encouragement sometimes I just wonder what in the world have I done, but then I look on the bright side of things and say all is well, and this too shall pass. I will see my surgeon on tuesday and I will express to him how I am feeling. Sometimes I fear this is the new norm and I will never be able to eat again, LOL I know thats silly but I can do this.

quiltpainter
on 11/4/12 10:35 am - CT

For the first few days after surgery everything hurt even my wrists, it felt like the flu. When I told the visiting nurse this she said it was likely lack of protein causing my body to seek protein from my muscles. I went on protein shakes after 5 days. I still havent had anything other than shakes its been 2 1/2 weeks., but I do not feel deprived or hungry or in pain.

I  hope your doctor puts you on some type of food very soon.

Michelle P.
on 11/4/12 11:02 am
RNY on 10/25/12

If it's a protein issue then I can see why I am hurting so bad. It's so hard for me to get any fluid down and I know I am messing up big time with the protein I hardly get any down, I know shame on me. But I am trying hard and this constant wanting to barf is just so upsetting but I know it will pass

Jennifk
on 11/4/12 10:49 am - Fort Worth, TX
RNY on 12/05/12

Awww, I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it.  It will pass and you will feel better and more fulfilled.  Just take it one step at a time for now.  (Hugs) 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Michelle P.
on 11/4/12 11:04 am
RNY on 10/25/12

Thanks Jen I needed the *HUG* I feel people on here really care about each other and the support here is just overwhelming heres a *HUG* back

Jamie-Sue30
on 11/4/12 11:01 am
RNY on 10/24/12

It will get better! I am 11 days post op now and feel like everyday I get better.  I still feel some soreness in my abdomen but its not like it was in the beginning. It sounds like we are on a similar diet. I do 3 protein shakes and a snack (pudding, soup, cottage cheese, or yogurt). Hang in there! We will get through this. :)

Michelle P.
on 11/4/12 11:06 am
RNY on 10/25/12

Thank you Jamie, I know we can do it too. Brighter and better days ahead, I will hang in there even if it is upside down LOL

Jamie-Sue30
on 11/4/12 11:10 am
RNY on 10/24/12

I have had some pretty sucky days.  The first week was absolute hell for me. BUT everyone said it gets better and it has. :) I feel better each day. I get angry when I think about the people who have told me that I was taking the easy way out....if only they knew...

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views