RNY, plastics and headache from hades...(x-post)

kipz303
on 11/11/12 1:14 am

I've posted this in the plastics forum as well but seeing as I'm also an RNY patient and all, I thought I'd ask here too. I think it's more of a bypass issue than plastics and I need help figuring out the likely suspect!

I've been waking up with a headache each morning. Not a normal headache either, more like one of those "I didnt have any coffee today" migraines. I just checked my blood sugar before my coffee to see if it was too low but it was 103 which is normal for me.  No allergy problems right now...nothing is swollen or sore anywhere to indicate a blood clot.  I'm wondering if maybe it could be dehydration? It's rather cold so subconsciously maybe I havent been thinking to drink much? *I've kept up on my vitamins better than I ever have before)

Have any of you experienced this monster headache? 

(13 days post op belt lipectomy, abdominoplasty and mons lift aka: Lower Body Lift)

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

MrsLitch
on 11/11/12 1:19 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

could it be the weather? I've had headaches when I wake up off and on for the past two weeks coinciding with the weather changes. I have one again today. It's the only thing I can put my finger on. I used to suffer horrible migraines but all my triggers, caffeine, hot dogs, tv dinners are out of my diet so it can't be that. I'd say try upping your water and also watch what you had the day before each headache to see if something is perhaps a new trigger for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

kipz303
on 11/11/12 1:23 am

Thanks, it could possible be the weather to be honest. I do have arthritis and it flares up a little worse with weather than it did when I was bigger.  I seem to ache worse now, especially my shoulders and wrists. I have to utilize wrist warmers and scarves even if I dont have long sleeves on because once cold air hits my joints it's all over! I didnt even think about that being a possibility - I'll don my wrist warmers today and see if it doesnt ease up a bit. Pain meds from the plastic surgery are keeping me in sort of a fog so I don't think as clearly as normal...hence the asking questions on here for things I SHOULD know!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

Strjen
on 11/11/12 3:20 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

I get migraines when its around that time of the month. Mine have always been hormonal I think. If its not something that you commonly experience I would speak with your doctor.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

kipz303
on 11/11/12 4:42 am

Looks like it was lack of protein....1 protein shake and it was gone!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

Zeigled
on 11/11/12 8:47 am - Parkton, MD

Post surgery are you sleeping differently or having interrupted sleep?  Sleeping differently you may be straining a neck muscle or something.  Interrupted sleep always gives me a headache.

HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
Recent Topics