Still having pain after gallbladder surgery

solise
on 11/26/12 8:28 am - Brooklyn, NY
Ok so I had gallbladder surgery on 10/15 and some days I still experience pain in that area. Not everyday so Im wondering if it could be related to what Im eating. The nut said no fat. For breakfast I had a cup of oatmeal (no milk or cream), on my break I had an orange, for lunch I had a cup of plain yogurt with splenda and bran flakes and an apple. On my pm. Break I had coffee. Anybody see an offending food here, cause I dont know what is going on????
emt_amy
on 11/26/12 8:35 am - MN
im no help for ya cuz im almost a year from having mine removed and im still experiencing pain. drs cant figure it out.

solise
on 11/26/12 8:38 am - Brooklyn, NY
Wow. Ive heard of people still experiencing pain after the gallbladder is gone so im starting to get nervous...but I dont have pain everyday.
emt_amy
on 11/26/12 8:42 am - MN
mine is completely random. all i can say is make an appt with your pcp and see what they say.

Larry Wassmann
on 11/26/12 11:25 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I had mine out in May and for a couple of months after I got some pain ever so often. But now 6 months out they are gone completely. I don't know why it took some time for the pain to stop after it was out but it did. Lets hope yours goes away soon. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

ScatCat
on 11/26/12 11:36 am - Brea, CA

Hi! I had my gallbladder removed in the mid '90's and I also experienced pain after the removal. My surgeon at the time told me that sometimes with gallbladder disease, there may be a small ulcer in the area. He said it is quite common. That is what he believed my pain was caused from, though he did not scope me. I was treated with Maalox and another prescription and after a few months it subsided. I believe him to be correct as the Maalox would stop the pain instantly. I also ate soft foods, etc.

Chihuahuan
on 11/26/12 1:36 pm - New York, NY
RNY on 05/16/12

I continued to have some pain in the area after my Cholecystectomy in July.   It quit hurting, but I could still feel a sensation in the area so that I knew something had been messed with until probably October.  I know I had at least one adhesion that had formed because i was laying in bed and twisted to get up and felt it pop probably sometime in September.  I think it just is part of it and I think it probably isn't really diet related, more just that you had that stuff going on for a long time.    Mine was acute and removed in the span of the same week. You had troubles with it for a long time it seemed before they finally took it.   I am able to spend an hour on the elliptical step machine going at 150-160 rpm's now without any troubles so hang in there.  I think it will resolve. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views