RNY after lapband

Diane W.
on 11/26/12 5:57 pm
Revision on 08/10/12

I'm soooo discouraged they told me it would be slow going.  I've had a lapband AND I have less than 100 pounds to lose so I guess I'm in a different place than a lot of you, but does has anyone else been here?  It's been 3 months and I've only lost 30 pounds.  Some of the girls at work have had RNY and are zipping right along.  I'm eating right, getting all my vitamins in, and exercising (probably not as much as I should, but my work hours are CRAZY right now).  Does anyone know if stress slows down the process?  Sorry for the long post but I just needed to vent this morning.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 11/26/12 8:28 pm

Stress does affect weight loss (or cause weight gain) from what I have read and seen on TV (Dr. Oz).

But.....30 lbs in 3 months is a good weight loss.  If you are still losing, don't give up.  Continue on.  I work with a woman who lost 140 lbs. with the lap band.  She lost about 100 then leveled off for a couple or three years.  She went into counseling due to some relationship issues and once she dealt with them she dropped another 40.  She looks great.

It's not how fast you get to the finish line.  Just keep moving towards it.  AND QUIT COMPARING YOURSELF TO RNY PATIENTS.  It is not a fair comparison.

Winnie

JennLyric
on 11/26/12 9:44 pm

Hi - I had the Lapband in 2003 and lost about 55 pounds.  I gained it back plus 11 and had RNY on 6/29/12.  I've lost 71 pounds since then and it's been slower than the other RNY people that I know.  I'm not complaining about the amount lost because if I look at the big picture it's a significant loss, as is yours.  My stress level is HUGE, but I don't know if that's the contributor.  Our bodies do everything differently.  From what I understand, revision surgery usually has a slower loss.  Just do what you're doing and drink as much water as you can.  It'll keep coming off.  We definitely have to STOP comparing our loss to other peoples'.  Be well.

Turtle Lynn
on 11/29/12 1:16 am, edited 11/29/12 1:17 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I am a Band to RNY revision who had less than 100 lbs to lose too. . . .Feel free to check out my page for my blog about my experience and I have pics up as well.  You may also want to check out the "Lightweights" board, there is a link below, in my signature.  

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics