Problems eating

KathyS28
on 12/3/12 6:24 am - MA

So as of Thanksgiving I could have soft foods since then I did we'll the first few days and now seem to run into issues , foamies, sick feeling vomiting, at least once a day. Sometimes it is a new food, today it was eggs which I had been doing fine on. I got some papaya enzymes but they don't see to provide too much relief. Any ideas on what I can do differently?  I am getting afraid to eat.

on another note at 4 weeks out how much exercise should 

brenlee1965
on 12/3/12 6:45 am - New Berlin, NY
I have that problem. I am pretty much not able to eat much past the soft food stage. I was supposed to be at Regular Foods the week of Thanksgiving & everytime I try (what I called solid foods) I throw up or feel plain terrible! Last night it was carrots that weren't soft enough in my soup. I HATE to eat because of this. So I can relate. My doc said to exercise when you aren't in pain anymore. I try to add more & more exercise every day....I always park the furthest away & I go shopping (just for the exercise) and I can now do my dishes standing up (Glad that I had the surgery; it's the pain in the butt things that make it miserable sometimes....I just keep remembering it to shall pass). Good luck on your journey.

Bren
 Bren                
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/3/12 7:42 am

Bren - I am 4.5 years post op. My pouch hates raw carrots. Even now - more than one bite - and they get stuck. No reason.  I can eat steak and dry chicken, and any other meat. but raw carrots or raw broccoli - no go, no matter how well I chew or even shred them. Some food just does not go - no reason.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kirsten S.
on 12/3/12 6:59 am - Maylene, AL
Have either of you had a scope done to make sure you don't have a stricture? At this stage you really shouldn't be throwing up if you are chewing well and not over eating.
angeleigh
on 12/3/12 7:03 am, edited 12/3/12 7:04 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Sometimes foods just dont agree with our pouch. Its rare for me to be able to eat eggs now. The thing i eat most is chili. Not spicy, but good chili only about 3/4c at a time.  If you are eating to fast, to much, or not chewing enough it will make you sick. So slow down, measure your food, and just keep trying things.

I cant do crackers or breads, even though they are on my list of foods. They make me really sick. So i guess the big question is what are you trying to eat? How much?

A lot of people have issues with eggs, chicken, tuna, and stringy meats. Papaya only works for meats i believe.

As far as working out, all you should be doing till 6 weeks is cardio. I was walking almost 1-2 miles a day. Rule i was given was at least 30 mins a day of walking, stairs, elliptical, something cardio. 4 times a week. At 6 weeks is when you can start adding in other things likes weights. Once you start adding other things in make sure to go slower then your used to. Since things can still hurt.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

KathyS28
on 12/3/12 7:13 am - MA

Thanks , Shannon chili seems to agree with me more than other foods too. So I think I will slow down I am probably eating too fast.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/3/12 7:40 am

eggs were iffy for me for close to 6 months.

some food just don't sit well.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Bellaluna468
on 12/3/12 9:49 am
RNY on 10/26/12

Make sure you are chewing very well and eat a little slower.  That may help.

Annie_Anaba
on 12/3/12 9:58 am
RNY on 08/27/12

I am 14 weeks out and every day I have pain and lose another food. I have only had foamies once when I ate roast. I had a boca burger today and I could only eat half of it. I never had a problem with it before and like you I am getting afraid to put anything in my mouth. I can have salad now so I eat some of that and drink shakes and have a protein bar to get the protein in. Have you tried shrimp, lobster, crab or some other type of fish? That is the only solid proteins I have now that dont make me sick....and cottage cheese. I'm told it changes and we may be able to have eggs, hamburger or whatever it is that is hurting or making us sick. If you are 4 weeks out maybe you should tell your surgeon that you are vomiting because we can get a stricture at 4 weeks. I hope you feel better soon. Hugz

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views