Turkey Pepperoni??

mpjones
on 12/4/12 4:31 am

I just got my bu** chewed out for not getting enough protein through "real" food choices--one of the things the "nut" suggested was turkey pepperoni. Ok, I got some but what do I do with it?? Do you cook it, eat it out of the package, mix it with what ??? Also, how do you suggest cooking chicken breast?

manda2108
on 12/4/12 4:43 am

I have .5-1 serving of turkey pepperoni with a cheese stick raw as a snack sometimes...its really yummy. I'm almost a year out and still really have issues with chicken being moist enough..you can search for crock pot recipes and give them a try. Good luck!

mpjones
on 12/5/12 3:18 am
On December 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM Pacific Time, manda2108 wrote:

I have .5-1 serving of turkey pepperoni with a cheese stick raw as a snack sometimes...its really yummy. I'm almost a year out and still really have issues with chicken being moist enough..you can search for crock pot recipes and give them a try. Good luck!

Didn't even think of putting it with cheese ! Sounds good and will certainly give it a try !

molly3613
on 12/4/12 5:16 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
Mix 8 oz ff sour cream, 1can ff cream of chicken soup and 1pk.dry lipton onion soup mix together. Put 4 chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour mixture over breasts and crock on low for appx. 4 hours. Can't beat it.

Or put chicken breasts in crock pot and pour liberal amount of salsa on top. Crock on low appx. 4 hours.

Both are very moist and just fall apart. Crock a little longer if you want. Cooking has always been an inexact science with me.

mpjones
on 12/5/12 3:19 am
On December 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM Pacific Time, molly3613 wrote:
Mix 8 oz ff sour cream, 1can ff cream of chicken soup and 1pk.dry lipton onion soup mix together. Put 4 chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour mixture over breasts and crock on low for appx. 4 hours. Can't beat it.

Or put chicken breasts in crock pot and pour liberal amount of salsa on top. Crock on low appx. 4 hours.

Both are very moist and just fall apart. Crock a little longer if you want. Cooking has always been an inexact science with me.

OOOOH the sour cream thing sounds REALLY good--dinner tonight ! Thanks for the suggestions !!!

cajungirl
on 12/4/12 5:42 am

Put it on a microwavable plate and microwave it for 1 minute (estimate, depends on microwave).  Let it sit and it'll get crispy like a chip.  Eat it with cheese.  More of my go-to foods early out.

Chicken breast can be difficult early out if it's too dry.  Cooking it in the crock pot, easiest way.  If you Google crockpot chicken recipes there are BUNCHES.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

mpjones
on 12/5/12 3:26 am
On December 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM Pacific Time, cajungirl wrote:

Put it on a microwavable plate and microwave it for 1 minute (estimate, depends on microwave).  Let it sit and it'll get crispy like a chip.  Eat it with cheese.  More of my go-to foods early out.

Chicken breast can be difficult early out if it's too dry.  Cooking it in the crock pot, easiest way.  If you Google crockpot chicken recipes there are BUNCHES.

Tried the microwave "chip" pepperoni for lunch and it was suprisingly good--thanks for telling me about it !! You are right-- have gotten about 25-30 recipes for crock pot chicken--looking fore ward to trying them out.

SarahLee1969
on 12/4/12 10:23 am - NY
I find the precooked chicken breast (in with pre-sliced deli meats) is usually fairly moist. It is available in plain and variety of flavors.
Using moist heat cooking like crock pot or stewing, or cooking in a flavorful liquid (tomato sauce, salsa, broth/stock, etc) and NOT overcooking should keep the meat moist.
Good luck!
mpjones
on 12/5/12 3:29 am
On December 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM Pacific Time, SarahLee1969 wrote:
I find the precooked chicken breast (in with pre-sliced deli meats) is usually fairly moist. It is available in plain and variety of flavors.
Using moist heat cooking like crock pot or stewing, or cooking in a flavorful liquid (tomato sauce, salsa, broth/stock, etc) and NOT overcooking should keep the meat moist.
Good luck!

I will have to look for them--looking fore ward to trying something new--hope I can find the pre-flavored ones !! I'm dusting off my crock pot, I think it will be put to a lot of use this winter. Thank you for your suggestions.

losing-lisa
on 12/4/12 11:42 am - Stevens Point, WI
RNY on 10/31/12

Tonight I took a couple of turkey pepperoni slices, cut them up small, mixed with shredded part-skim mozzarella, baked a couple of little piles at 350 for a few minutes, then had these yummy pizza topping-ish cheese blobs...Pretty tasty!

Lisa K
Post-op RNY - 10/31/2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 477 views