So many changes

Dyneshia
on 12/4/12 10:51 pm - Mabank, TX
RNY on 11/05/12

It's been 1 month since surgery & I've lost 30 lbs. I am finally under 300 
I have so much more engery already. We walk at least least a mile a day; a lot of times between 2-3 miles & many more when we go places like the zoo, etc.
My family & friends say they can see a big change already; I really can't SEE much of a difference yet except in my face but I sure feel it in the clothes. Went to Goodwill to get a few pieces of clothes last week & was pleased to see I can now wear a couple sizes smaller in both pants & shirts :)
Decided that today I'll go through & get rid of the clothes that are too big since I do NOT plan to ever need them again.

Last week I had my 3 week follow-up & they increased my intake to 1/4c for all 3 meals/day as well at a minumum of 40oz fluids & minimum 50-60 protein for now. Doing real good at not grazing throughout the day even with healthy foods. But am having a problem finding things that don't make me nauseous even just the thought of or sight of... before I even attempt to eat. 
I've been drinking Crystal Light most of the time but yesterday even that tastes horrible  
My husband keeps reminding me of what the doctor & nurse say.... a lot of it is trial & error to find what you can eat. Luckily the nurse I deal with actually had the surgery 4 yrs ago, so she knows what's going on besides simple 'book knowledge'. I am just so tired of opening a can, buying something, etc only to end up wasting it. Really look forward to having this eating figured out 

Oh well... back to going through the closet & dressers 

cajungirl
on 12/4/12 11:49 pm

Congratulations!  Taste surely do change and things making you nauseous definitely happens.  Stay focused, it gets easier.  May I suggest hot peppermint tea to help with the nausea.  Also, diluting the Crystal Light where it isn't so strong may help be of some help, I found it really sweet and strong tasting and still mix just half of the recommended amount in water.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Mal
on 12/5/12 12:24 am

It definately is trial and error in the beginning.  I ate a lot of chili, refried beans with salsa and sour cream, ricotta with a little sauce and melted cheese, and tons of greek yogurt.  I drank a lot of water with lemon or lime and diluted Crystal Light.  I also supplemented with at least 1 protein shake a day in the morning.

You will figure it out, unfortunately it just takes finding out what your body is going to do.

Mallisa

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?