Post Op Dinner Out Successful

quiltpainter
on 12/7/12 10:11 pm - CT

I went to a holiday party at a restaurant last night. First time eating out since surgery. I'm 7 weeks post-op. I almost didn't go since I didn't want to deal with eating 1 oz of protein and not even be able to drink water with it... But since I had been craving shrimp I looked  up the menu online beforehand and realized they had a shrimp scampi appetizer I could order.  In the end I had 3 pieces of the most wonderful shrimp ever and I have enough leftovers for 2 more meals.  It was only a little hard to make sure I didn't overeat. In the end it was nice being out, not feeling deprived at all, and proving to myself I could go out to eat as long as I was prepared beforehand for good choices. 

Poppygail
on 12/7/12 10:54 pm - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13

That is awsome! Such a great NSV. I'm still pre-op and this gives me a lot of encouragement. Congrats!

LouLouAmbrosia
on 12/7/12 11:33 pm - OH
Great job! I went out for my first breakfast this morning and it went well. I think you're planning ahead of time was key. Congrats! I know my success this morning (I'm five weeks and three days out) has given me confidence about future dining out experiences!

Height:  5' 2"      HW: 322 (7/31/12)     SW: 292 (10/31/12)     Current:  220 (3/20/13)
GOAL WEIGHT: 140

artroxy blue
on 12/8/12 12:17 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Great job!

SoCaPinkLady
on 12/8/12 2:41 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

When possible I like to look at the menu online before going to a place. It sure helps me take my time and plan my meal so I am not stressed in the restaurant and make poor choices.  Shrimp is so good!!!!

Lori                               

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 89 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??