changed in your eating habits before surgery....

maryottawa
on 12/6/12 1:20 pm - Canada

ok I have already more than a year and a half waiting for the big day, I think, I have already completed all necessary tests (cardiology, sleep study, ultrasond, blood test) , and the doctor  gave me the go ahead for the operation, but I'm still seeing a nutritionist. I have understood, that I have to wait for her to give me the go-ahead to proceed with the final, which I think is the appointment with the surgeon. I had a relapse  three months ago (i was started to eat bad again), as a result I gain weight. Now, I'm working on lowering weight and change my eating habits. We leave the coca cola, and almost chocolate (this month only ate one bar) were my sins. My question is what changes need to do to move to the next step, tips, menu ideas, others advice are welcome. I think, I really need to know when the surgery day will come.
thanks

THE_life10
on 12/6/12 1:40 pm
RNY on 03/26/12

You definitely have a good mindset . Being proactive is one of the most important aspects to the surgery.

I would say focus on eating every 3 hours and incorporate healthy snacks in between meals. I loved nuts so my go to snack even now pre op is almonds and peanuts. 

Also, when you get surgery one of the phrases you will constantly hear is "protein first"...followed by veggies..that should be the order you eat and plan your meals out.  (ie..individual chicken breast..1 cup salad..1/2 cup veggies)

Good luck.

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

maryottawa
on 12/7/12 11:34 pm - Canada

thank you so much for all your advice.

Most Active
Recent Topics