vitamin levels dropped in a months time...

grmadeb01
on 12/9/12 4:54 am - FL

well it is has been a VERY busy month, I have been doing craft shows and have to leave early and stay at the shows most of the days...so taking the time in the mornings to get vitamins in with milk and mirlax was not part of the plan...so to be honest I have not taken my vitamins of any kind for about a month.... and being at a craft show and the miralax to kick would not have been a fun thing..some times it kicks in and kicks in quick and hard....but i found that if i dont take my  miralax with my vitamins things just come to a scretching haul..been there done that...AND DONT WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN....MAN THAT WAS HORRIBLE...

had my blood work drawn and results are back....here are the results....just to show how things can change in a short amount of time....

my vitamin D

10/11 was 37, then 5/12 worked hard to get it to 69, then 12/12...27 i had been taking Vitamin D from vita lady except for the last month

B-12 10/11 was 352m tgeb 5/12 it was 1060, then 12/12 963

ferritin 10/11 was 31, then 5/12 was 17, then 12/12 its now 11

iron saturation 10/11 24, then 5/12 it was 24..then 12/12 its 17..

yes i did not push the iron like i should have been...so it back to the grind of vitamins and milk first thing in the morning..i have no iron by my bed to take at night with a stool softner...

i have order the 50,000 vitamin D and the tender iron from vitalady...they will be here shortly...

I know what i did was not that great..but i had like 8-10 craft shows in the last month and just lost the zeal of taking vitamins..but i am re doing every thing in 3 months, I am getting back on the vitamin track....

but i also wanted to let you other newbies know how things can change so quickly...i have years worth of bloodwork sheets so will be doing a excel with them all so i can see them easier....6 months ago, i had so much energy that i could hardly keep up with myself...and now i am noticing i am not that much any longer..i have way more than i did..i am just short of 2 years post op....and never had those levels checked until surgery time...so i know i was way lower long time ago as my energy tanked big time for many years....

so just a heads up to those that are strugglling to take your vitamins too....you just need to find a plan and stick to it...

Merry Christmas to every one and hope you have a blessed holiday season and new year to come..

Debby, down here in sunny florida, it was close to 83 today. nope thats not a typo.....im about ready to turn on my air conditioning...yea I just have to  rub it in sometimes to you folks up north.... I know,  I know..my bad..sorry..

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/12 5:04 am
RNY on 08/31/12

What a good reminder! Thank you. I will take your advice to heart. During finals week at the college, I became so busy that I forgot most of my vitamins on about 4 different days. I never thought I would become lax with them but reading about your experience helped me to see just how easy it can become.

Dave Chambers
on 12/9/12 5:09 am - Mira Loma, CA

Labs are important part of post op life. Even if you took daily vitamin and mineral supplements, labs would let you know if "something was amiss".  It may indicate other imminent health issues and just be an indicator you need to further supplement.  Take you supplements and do your labs. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 379 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 197 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 221 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics