Cookie day at work

wendydettmer
on 12/11/12 10:36 pm - Rochester, NY

So this year we thought it would be fun to do a cookie exchange at work.  The staff room right now is full of cookies and goodies. Everyone here knows about my surgery so they are all being supportive (the cookie exchange was my idea lol).  I made a plate for my family, and I brought myself a pumpkin whip that I was able to have a little bit of.  But I am here until 6pm tonight so I am going to do my very best to stay out of there.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

wmamey
on 12/11/12 10:47 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Good luck!! I have the same problem when I go to work. As a nurse there is ALWAYS something in the nurses lounge! It sucks but I bring my own food and that includes something sweet like a sugar free piece of candy - there is only so much will power!

artroxy blue
on 12/11/12 11:10 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Good luck! Is it near your office or is it on the other side of the building? 

Larry Wassmann
on 12/11/12 11:31 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

These temptations will happen all the time, for the rest of your life, so this is a good time to have a strategy well in place to deal with them. Find a good alternative where you can participate, but not eat some junk you don't intend to eat. I take a double chocolate protein bar and chew on it instead of a cookie or something I should not have. The bar is sweet and kind of makes me feel like I am having the stuff the others are having, but I am not. Of course you have to alter your diet plan for the day to accommodate the added calories that the protein bar gives you. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

wendydettmer
on 12/12/12 6:18 am - Rochester, NY

The day went well.  I'm the supervisor here, so I am around all day long.  Some people brought in nutritional stats for the cookies, so I was able to try a few nibbles and account for them for the day.  The staff had a ton of fun!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Strjen
on 12/12/12 7:55 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

I too have a cookie exchange next week in my department at work. These people have too many pot lucks & next week on top of the cookie exchange they are doing a potato bar. I always bring my own thing I can eat or I will be eating things I shouldn't for sure. Lol

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 474 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 465 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views