What The Heck Was That All Aout

mpjones
on 12/13/12 6:39 am

I'm 8 almost 9 weeks out from surgery. This afternoon I was in a rush (what with Christmas baking and all),felt really great but just wasn't in the mood for food so for lunch decided to have a sugar free instant breakfast made with skim milk. I don't think I drank it too fast or gulped it down--that was about 1:30 pm. I've had this drink many times with NO problems. My goodness all day I've felt like I had a giant balloon in my throat !! It is now 5:30 pm my time and I'm just now feeling like I'm getting back to normal. I felt like if I could just have a HUGH belch I would probably feel better but I couln't do that.I even took a gas x strip to see if that would help--it didn't !I didn't even want to drink water this afternoon for fear it would make things worse. Any ideas of why I would have this problem--like I said I've had skim milk and this drink before and have never experienced this feeling. Do you think I should try to eat something for my evening meal or should I perhaps do a protein shake? Any advice more than welcomed. Thanks.

leatherandlace
on 12/13/12 7:22 am
RNY on 08/27/12

I always feel like that after I eat or drink but I'm told it will go away. Are you certain it wasnt the one with sugar? I accidentally drank one with sugar when I came home from the hospital but it didnt make me sick. I am either fortunate enough to NOT be a dumper or unfortunate to not be a dumper, havent figured that part out yet. Also things that didnt sicken you before can turn on you the next time you consume them. I ate eggs for 2 months and now they make me hurt so bad. The pouch is fickle at times and we never know what it will do from one moment to the next. As to whether you should eat....thats really up to you. I know you do need liquids so you may want to try to get some in tonight.

Mary Catherine
on 12/13/12 8:53 am
Could be a stricture. Call doctor if it happens again. Common and an easy fix.
Most Active
Recent Topics