VERY happy to find this forum

kellybean16
on 12/24/12 10:42 am
RNY on 01/03/13

I am so happy I found this board! I am scheduled for a RNY on 1/3/13 and I have been second guessing myself for the past week.  Reading everyone's fears, problems, ideas and success stories has been very helpful and I am starting to get excited about the prospect of finally losing all this weight. I wish I had found this place sooner!

Kelly :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/24/12 12:23 pm - OH

Welcome!  Just keep in mind that the number of posts about problem is NOT representative of how frequent those problems are.  The people who post more often tend to be the ones who ARE having problems and need advice or encouragement, whereas the ones who AREN'T having any trouble don't generally post.  So for every one person who is having trouble eating post-op, there are a bunch of people who are having no trouble at all.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

thynnlynn
on 12/24/12 12:29 pm - MI

That is exactly how I look at this forum, that there are many more going through this with less issues.  I wanted to see what was normal, what was not and what I might look forward to as a problem.

What I found was a place with so many great suggestions and blogs!

I will be having my surgery the day after yours.

Best of luck.

Blessings!

Lynn

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

apurdie
on 12/24/12 2:40 pm - CA

This is one of the most important tools for your journey!  These experts make all the difference and we are never alone!

JJ_
on 12/24/12 7:09 pm

Welcome Kelly.  There is also a forum for RNY folks (it is very active).

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/

Judy

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/25/12 8:37 am - OH

Um, this IS the RNY forum, LOL.  kiss

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

JJ_
on 12/25/12 3:17 pm

Oops!  I forgot where I was :)

MultiMom
on 12/24/12 9:35 pm - NH

Welcome Kelly! This is the place that was my daily (sometimes hourly) support group in my early days. People here that had traveled the road before me got me through what would have otherwise been a very scary time. Just reading what others were feeling made me know that I was among friends.

Never be afraid to ask questions. We are here for you enlightened......and like Lora said, don't think that everyone is having problems. People don't ever post that they are afraid and need help because they feel freat and aren't having trouble!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

kellybean16
on 12/24/12 10:47 pm
RNY on 01/03/13
Yes, I realize that the problems are few and far between. My surgeon even has his stats posted in the waiting area and only 4% of his patients have ANY problems. It's just nice to be able to read what others are going through and realize that I am not the only one who is scared out of my wits about the actual surgery!
Lindah55
on 12/24/12 11:06 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

Congratulations and good luck on your surgery. This is a very exciting time. I have been reading posts for months. They

helped me react to situations that arose in a level headed manner so I did not panic. Like when I got something stuck in

my stomach. I knew what to do to remedy it. And it was my fault ate without thinking and did not chew well.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views