Memory Loss

KnittingPoet
on 1/7/13 7:27 am - Raleigh, NC

Has anyone else noticed that their memory got worse after the surgery?  Mine has gotten awful!

poet_kelly
on 1/7/13 7:29 am - OH

What's your B12 level?  B12 deficiency (below 550) can cause short term memory loss, as well as trouble concentrating, fatigue and depression.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KnittingPoet
on 1/7/13 8:13 am - Raleigh, NC

I'm in trouble.  MIne was 227 in October.  My next appointment is next month.

cajungirl
on 1/7/13 8:38 am
How much B-12 are you taking and what kind? I recommend you start taking a higher dose of sublingual as soon as possible. Do not wait for your appointment.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

poet_kelly
on 1/7/13 8:38 am - OH

You're in big trouble then, because below 400, you can get permanent nerve damage in your hands and feet.  Got  numbness and tingling in them yet?

Did you increase your B12 in October after these labs?  How much B12 do you take, and how do you take it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cindyloowho
on 1/7/13 10:57 am - London, Canada

Reading what you are saying the levels should be it has me nervous.  My numbers are low in August it said that it was 220 pmol/L it said 198 - 615 (I think it means that is okay). In November it said 176 pmol/L it said Test repeated and results confirmed.  Indeterminate: 156 - 197 pmol/L.  

My own doctor told me everything was fine.  At the clinic they didn't say anything at all.  Now when you show what they should be it has me really nervous now.

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

Goal Weight - 145  Surgery Weight - 228  Current Weight - 132

KnittingPoet
on 1/7/13 8:01 am - Raleigh, NC
ddematteis
on 1/7/13 8:19 am - FL

i'va always had a bad memory my best friend calls me dori and says i have the memory of a gold fish (3 sec) lol, but believe it or not its gotten better now that i've lost weight or it could be the oodles of vitamins i take.

emt_amy
on 1/7/13 9:04 am - MN
ive got memory issues too, my b12 is where it should be tho. i also have what i call the dumb when i dont get my coffee in. lol

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/7/13 9:25 am - OH

Eating too few carbs can also cause short term memory problems.  It is a common complaint of people who are on the Atkins Diet for an extended period of time.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 282 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 452 views