Going out do eat *What do you have*

CosmoK
on 1/7/13 7:40 pm

Haven't had a surgery yet but I was wondering where are your go to eateries and what do you order when you go out to eat? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm trying to feed my brain with info to make the best decision... Will post same on Duoden Switch board.. Just a FYI

poet_kelly
on 1/7/13 8:46 pm - OH

Well, yesterday I had a vanilla cone at McDonald's - but that's not something I have often.

I like Panera a lot.   I get broccoli cheddar soup there or a salad.  I like the Harvest Turkey Salad, although I get the turkey on the side and take it home and feed it to my dog because I don't eat meat.

I love Chipotle. I eat there often.  I get a burrito bowl with just a little brown rice, black beans, peppers and onions, salsa and cheese.

I get salads at lots of places, like Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, etc.

I eat pizza at Pizza Hut.  I eat a baked potato at  Wendy's.  I eat an omelet at Bob Evans.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RebeccaElise
on 1/7/13 8:55 pm - Quincy, MA

So far I've only been out for breakfast since surgery and that was to my favorite family owned diner. I ordered a scrambled egg w/a little cheese and had a bite of my spouse's corned beef hash (heaven!) Oh, and I had 1 slice of an orange from the fruit bowl that came w/my spouses pancakes.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

Mizzou_Fan
on 1/7/13 9:05 pm - MO
RNY on 12/06/12

Only place I've been(only a month out) I have been to Wendy's a couple times to get a small chili.

I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Larry Wassmann
on 1/7/13 9:12 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

It depends on what stage you are in. When I go out I try to eat stuff I have had before so I know I will not end up barfing on their floor. I take my scale so I don't over eat. I usually have a steak or some other meat with nothing on it. Ask for a salad with dressing on the side. I ask them to not bring any bread or water to the table. Anything that comes with the meal I don't eat, I take home in a box including any left over meat which I will have the next day. Works for me, and we do it often with friends. I did not try to go out and eat until I was on solid foods. Hope that helps you but we are all different. My advise is to go to some place where you will not be tempted to eat things you do not need or should have. But I am weak of mind so I have to be careful.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

CosmoK
on 1/7/13 9:37 pm

I am talking after the initial stages when you can eat "normal foods"   I should've pointed that out... Thanks for all the great advice and keep em coming :)

Dee.spunk
on 1/7/13 9:39 pm - Sacramento, CA
I like elephant bar. I get their Thai lettuce chicken wrap things. Their good.
Red robin is good too. I just order the smallest burger protein style.
Mel's dinner has a steak and eggs plate that I like.
At la bou they have a chicken salad that I like.
Ihop has steak and eggs too. I substitute the bread and hash brown for cottage cheese and fruit.

I can't eat all this food in one sitting. I usually take it home and I eat breakfast and lunch the next day.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Pittsteelers
on 1/7/13 10:18 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Breakfast I eat egg beaters or a 2 egg beater omelette, and eat about half of that. Lunch I like Taco Bell Refried beans or Wendy's chili. Dinner it all depends what I'm in the mood for. Grilled chicken, grilled fish. I went to Cheddar's and they had this awesome grilled chicken with grilled shrimp and salsa.
You will be able to eat just about anything, just remember to eat your protein first!!

LadyAnastacia
on 1/7/13 10:24 pm
RNY on 11/06/12

Whenever I go to dinner I try to get a broiled fish with some mixed vegetables.  One night I had broiled salmon with thai rice noodles.  It was great.  

Otherwise I try to go somewhere with salads or eggs or soup.

Joyceebaby
on 1/7/13 10:27 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Only been out a few times:

Breakfast - had a two egg omelet with a pinch of crumbled bacon and a sprinkle of cheddar (ate about half). with two bites of breakfast potato and two bites of toast.  Ate slow and all was well.

Lunch/dinner:  I've had grilled chicken Caesar salad twice.  Cut up the the chicken into small bites.  Ate that first, then a few bites of the salad.  Again all went well.

Everyone is different though.  I had the band for 5 years before switching to RNY, so I was used to eating for a small pouch and just seem to be doing unusually well with food for not quite 6 weeks out.  Not everyone progresses so easily.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views