Post OP 6 DAYS!!

dintybinty
on 1/7/13 9:47 pm

Well I had my surgery JAN 2, what an adventure that was. I came home yesterday mon JAN 7. I guess I wasnt progressing like I should have been because I was there longer than most...not sure. But I am a weenie when it comes to pain...has a very low tolerance. So when I hurt...I didnt move...when I felt nauseated.....I didnt move....But the 1st day after surgery...I was laying there thinking thru the pain ...and starting to think...WTF.....did I just do?

But I didnt completely go there...I just drifted off to sleep thinking of the next day was going to be a better day...and it was. I did more the 2nd day...and it progressed and got better each day...and I am home. I have to get into a groove of getting my liquids in...protein, etc. I am on my way...GO ME!!!

Gilly68
on 1/7/13 9:57 pm - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

Congratulations and welcome to the journey!! I am not gonna lie, those first several days really sucked...but you are almost past those and in the next several days, you should see a vast improvement!! Once my drain came out, then I really started to feel human! It was a struggle though to get all my protein and fluids in that first couple weeks...just do the best you can. In the beginning the fluids are more important than anything else, so make those popcicles your friend! I know it is tough, but YOU DID IT!! And you are on your way to a healthier new life!

Joyceebaby
on 1/7/13 10:08 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Recovery is different for everyone.  Be patient with yourself.  Right now, your main focus is staying hydrated and getting in as much protein as possible.  Congratulations on starting a new healthier lifestyle :)

Lisa T.
on 1/8/13 12:36 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12

Congratulations on a successful procedure!  Now that you are home remember to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk walk.  Walking around my dining room table helped to get me moving.  Then it was walking to the mailbox and before I knew it I was going around the block. 

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

thynnlynn
on 1/8/13 1:44 am - MI

Congrats to you!!!  I cannot wait to be on the other side.  Many things in life get worse before they get better and this is one of them.  Just keep moving forward!!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/13 2:49 am, edited 1/8/13 2:50 am

Welcome to the Weenie Club!!! I cracked up because that word evokes laughter in me and I was president of the Weenie Club when it came to pain and nausea.  That was 8 months ago, so you are doing great and as I always have said, humor will get you through some of the really tough times, not just the good ones.  This is definitely Mr.Toad's Wild Ride!!!!!!  Keep posting especially when things get way low on the totem pole!  Best wishes, Jane

dintybinty
on 1/8/13 4:07 am

Ha, weenie was the nicest word I thought of....LOL

dintybinty
on 1/17/13 5:07 am

2 weeks post op....thank god I can eat something of substance. Lost 11 pounds I feel good!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 193 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 193 views