Biggest Loser since surgery?

brwneyz
on 1/11/13 12:24 am

I used to be a regular watcher of The Biggest Loser prior to surgery, and actually it was one of the 100's of reasons why I had the surgery...I was bigger than some of the men on that show.  Now today is the first time in two years I've watched it (On Demand) and it is bringing back all of the emotions of why I had the surgery to begin with.  Coming up on my 2 year anniversary of having my surgery I needed that emotional push again.  I have been unable to workout the way I have wanted to due to a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder and it has really effected me mentally.  I can't do stuff around the house, play with my kids the way I normally do, pick up ANYTHING with my right arm...it sucks and is very depressing cool

So, my question is...are there have you started/stopped watching weight loss shows since having surgery?

Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

Sarah R.
on 1/11/13 12:47 am

I actually cant stand Biggest Loser now simply because I see how unsustainable it is. They do these shows for ratings and maybe the trainers hired give a **** what happens to these people but in general its all for ratings and it kinda sickens me that they dont actually teach them how to really do a realistic program for life. There have been some programs on TLC and such that I thought were far better and more done in documentary style.

fickleme
on 1/11/13 2:00 am - Bessemer City, NC

I love the Biggest Loser still... I think that they are pushed hard and most achieve a massive weight loss in a short time doing workouts that are not typical in everyday life... but they are also being taught healthy food choices and the importance of physical activities... I think its kind of like a tool to get them where they are healthy as well as giving them the knowledge to maintain by choosing to continue a healthy lifestyle... It's kind of like having WLS... we are giving a tool to help get there but in the end we have to choose to maintain it... I have always watched this show and it still motivates me to get moving :)

btw... I hope you get to being able to get back to your workouts soon!

SoCaPinkLady
on 1/11/13 3:19 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I never was interested in watching it. I don't care for reality TV Shows.

Lori                               

MultiMom
on 1/11/13 4:34 am - NH

I used to watch episodes of "I Lost It" while peddling my recumbent bike. It took me about 20 an episode fast forwarding through the commercials, so if I had time to watch 2 episodes I would bike for 40 minutes. I found it to be like watching before and afters but in live form. Now I will watch show that follow people (always SSMO) through the WLS and life afterwards.

I watched ONE episode of the Biggest Loser and hated it!

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

bbearsmama
on 1/12/13 6:30 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I don't really care for "The Biggest Loser" or "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition."  The latter one shows people working out for hours per day. I was watching one where a girl quit her job so that she could work out and really focus on her goals for a year. Who can do that in the real world? So I don't find it very helpful because the way the weight loss is obtained doesn't seem to be very realistic for us normal folks.

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Kim S.
on 1/12/13 7:09 am - Helena, AL

Love BL and watch any show related to weight loss success.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views
Recent Topics