Kelly--it's me again-lol !!

mpjones
on 1/14/13 1:34 am

On the calcium front--do you have an opinion about Wellessee Liquid Calcium ?? It says 1000 mg and I think you take 2 ounces 2 times a day.Getting in calcium is a BIG problem for me.I am using the Sundown Perfect Iron per your suggestion and that has been such a blessing. Thanks for your help.

poet_kelly
on 1/14/13 1:54 am - OH

The Wellesse calcium is a combination of calcium citrate, which is the kind we need, and tricalcium phosphate, which we cannot absorb.  I believe the manufacturer said that it contains either 70 or 80% calcium citrate, which would mean two ounces would give you 700 or 800 mg calcium citrate.  Since we can only absorb about 50 mg calcium citrate at a time, though, I would only take 1.5 ounces at a time, which would be either 525 or 600 mg calcium citrate.  You'd need to take that three times a day.  did that make sense?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mpjones
on 1/14/13 3:53 am

Thanks Kelly--your information is such a great help--I'm off to Walmart to get some now. Hopefully, I'm finally getting  a handle on my vitamin woes !!  Thank you once again.

poet_kelly
on 1/14/13 4:41 am - OH

Your'e welcome.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics