My Experience With RNY

gbsinsatx
on 1/13/13 11:42 pm, edited 1/14/13 12:18 am - San Antonio, TX

My Experience With RNY:

I did not come blindly to my decision to have WLS. I looked into it for many years, and very seriously for a year prior to having RNY. 

I am very independent. I do not wait for others to hold my hand. I get all the resources I feel I will need when making a major decision. I make my choices with solid understanding under my belt. I develop a mental plan of direction and write down my course of action. 

I prepare myself for the challenge ahead knowing I may run into some roadblocks along the way. I create a way out to overcome whatever obstacles I may encounter. If I find I need more resources, or I need to gain more knowledge, I actively seek it. 

I do not make excuses. I know what I want and where I am going. I do not cry over a mis-step. I do not get others to join me in a pity party.

I remain positive, purposeful and upbeat. I hold myself to a higher standard. I do not care about what everyone else is doing. I have come to know myself and have addressed those secret places in my life we all tend to avoid. 

I have always had a clear goal and plan and I have never swayed from it. I am very strict and strong-willed. My personality, tolerance, life experience and stamina are all part of the equation. 

I know myself and my limitations. When I began this journey, I felt I was fully prepared mentally for any challenge I would come across. I put in a lot of time doing research, and I continue to educate myself as time goes on.

Now that I am in maintenance, I eat every 2-3 hours. I eat 3 main meals and 4-5 snacks daily that include protein. I eat 1800-2000 calories a day.

I am a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. I eat at least 100 grams of protein a day. I eat simple carbohydrate dairy products that are no fat/low fat. I eat eggs. I eat complex carbohydrate beans. 

I also eat simple carbohydrate fruit and complex carbohydrate vegetables and whole grains. I do not count daily carb grams. All carbs are not created equal. I would definitely refrain from eating refined carbs.

I drink at least 64 ounces of liquids daily. I take all my vitamins, supplements and calcium.

I do not participate in a formal exercise program due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. I do move around a lot more and do a lot more walking.

I have been able to maintain my 200 pound weight loss eating this way since November 2011.

I have never introduced a food into my mouth that I have not planned to eat. I always consider the protein and nutritional value of each morsel. 

I know this rigid, controlled way of life is not for everyone, but it works great for me!

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Gilly68
on 1/14/13 12:49 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

I applaud your success!! Sounds like you really have it all together!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 561 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 548 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 259 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 40 views
Recent Topics