Over Eating Pain?

Diabolique
on 1/14/13 11:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12

Will the pouch always start to hurt as a warning to over eating or does it lessen over time?

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/14/13 11:18 am

You are able to eat more without pain as you are post op longer.  I think you can always overeat until it hurts.  But the question is why you would want to eat to that point? 

Winnie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/14/13 11:26 am - OH

I suspect that it varies from one person to another.  I never had what I would call pain if I ate a bit too much; i would characterize it as discomfort and a generally ill feeling (and wishing that I could take those last two bites back). Mine hasn't changed much over time but I don't get it very often because I try to be very aware of just eating until I am satisfied rather than eating until I am full.  Every now and then, of course, I do eat an extra 2 or 3 bites and then wish I hadn't, but it is really more of a sick sensation for me than pain.  I suspect that if I ate another bite or two BEYOND that, it might actually hurt.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

jorlsu
on 1/14/13 12:30 pm - TX
RNY on 12/17/12 with
Yep, you describe my full warning right there. That's the pouch saying tread cautiously.

love2shop2
on 1/15/13 2:32 pm
You will feel the pains am 31/2 years and still feel pain if I over eat but I never drink and eat that's the worst feeling and if you drink and eat over time you're pouch will get use to it and stretch good luck
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views