Suffering with horrific back/hip pain!

Mal
on 1/16/13 5:18 am

Since my pt session on Sunday, I've been suffering with horrible back/hip pain that also goes down the outer side of my right leg, similar to sciatica.  Yesterday, I met my new pcp (who I really like) and he gave me some vicoden and flexerill to take because I was literally walking crooked in almost in tears there.  I actually got a little bit of sleep (haven't had more than 3 hours a night since Sunday) and this morning, woke up crooked again.  Today I had an appointment at my chiro and she adjusted me and it only got worse!  I've been in bed almost all day long with ice on it and my fiance has been home taking care of me because I'm so sore and in pain.  Its a little bit better now, but I hope by the morning its a lot better because I have to work!  GRRRR!  It infurates me that I have this issue, and my chiro suggested to put my pt on hold til things calm down.  I went into work today but we had to leave because I couldn't even sit in a chair and our jobs are very phsically demanding.

Send me some pain-free prayers my way!!!  I've been in agony--this is the worse type of pain I've ever experienced.  Hopefully, after icing it and resting for a day it'll be better tomorrow.

M'Lane

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/16/13 5:42 am

Hugs Mal... I dealt with sciatica on and off. Last time I was lucky and it got better after 3 weeks of pain pills and very intensive therapy.  I went 3 times to a chiro - 2 times in one week and one time a week later. I took bunch of pain pills, got acupuncture and did yoga... all in 3 weeks time. I still feel like my left leg is shorter and still go to yoga and do a lot of stretches every day at home.  

It lasted from Dec 27 until now... but this week it is only worse at evening. And yoga usually helps it ( I am going today - have to). 

I know how painful it can be... make sure you get enough water, magnesium and calcium...

HUGS...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/16/13 6:38 am

Feel better, Mal. Sending some purring kitty hugs your way.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Kat1313
on 1/16/13 7:49 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

So sorry you are having to deal with all this pain.  Wish I had a solution!  Am sending good thoughts your way.  Feel better soon.

Jilly Bean
on 1/16/13 9:35 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Could it be SI Joint Dysfunction? I have that. It's awful but physical therapy and exercise help. It's different than sciatica because there no shooting pain. It's very localized and worse when walking/going up stairs. Hope you feel better!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

thynnlynn
on 1/16/13 12:20 pm - MI

Sending good thoughts.  Have we discussed an inversion table?????  Go somewhere they sell them by you (bring someone along to help you) and give it a try, slowly and see if it helps.  Try it a couple of times.  If it helps, it is worth the price.  It was my salvation.  I am completely disabled due to spine issues but it has helped my pain immensely and I can have any pain med I want.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

LadyLilMax
on 1/16/13 12:58 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

I get similar pains and sometimes have to stretch out my piriformis.  You can google it and see if it sounds like what you have.  Sending lots of healing prayers to you.  Keep us informed of what it is and what helps.  If it is acute, then you will just have to rest it and ice and heat alternately.  Bless your heart.  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
Recent Topics