My birthday and wanting something sweet...small but sweet!

mnknoyes
on 1/27/13 8:25 am - Claremont, CA
RNY on 10/30/12 with
Hi everyone, tomorrow is my 35th birthday and I'm going to dinner with the family. Since I'm 3 months out and everything is going great I was feeling like I would like to have something sweet while everyone else eats cake. ANY IDEAS?
Jody ***
on 1/27/13 8:30 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Be careful - do you dump?  I was an extreme dumper early out... I didn't even entertain the thought of something sweet for 2 years...

How about some fruit?  Not sure what kind of restaurant you're going to... may be limited selection.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

mnknoyes
on 1/27/13 8:35 am - Claremont, CA
RNY on 10/30/12 with

Thank you for reminding me about dumping.  I have dumped on vitamins before and I definitely don't want to happen ever again. I should have worded this more carefully. I was wondering if anyone knew of sugar free sweets or protien desserts I could make.  

katzmeow13
on 1/27/13 8:50 am

How about a box of sugar free pudding mix with milk and protein powder??

2 cups 1% milk

Jello pudding mix chocolate fudge

1-2 scoops chocolate protein powde

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

newbeginning2012
on 1/27/13 8:55 am

This is just a suggestion~  Not sure it would work on everyone's plan. I saw it on Pinterest and I made these for my son's 8th birthday party earlier this month and they were a hit. 

I bought a box of Pillsbury sugar free chocolate cake mix.  Combine the cake mix with a small container of plain greek yogurt and 1 cup of water.  I made cupcakes for built in portion control.  I also purchased the sugar free frosting to put on top.  You can't taste the yogurt in them. They are just really moist and delicious.  

Strjen
on 1/27/13 9:13 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
You can also do the cake mix with a can of pumpkin too. I will make little mini muffins & freeze them so if I really want one I have to thaw it out before I eat it. So I really have to want it. Lol I use the chocolate cake mix & no frosting. It tastes more like a brownie to me. My kids love them too.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

JanBooth
on 1/27/13 9:17 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/   
or
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

These are the two sites that I use, most times, to find yummy WLS friendly recipes.  Nik, at Bariatricfoodie has LOTS of protein pudding recipes that I've used.  Michelle, at Eggface has lots of "ice cream" recipes. 

Happy Birthday!!  

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

poet_kelly
on 1/27/13 9:51 am - OH

The protein ice cream recipes on eggface's blog are yummy.  I also like Greek yogurt with sugar free cheesecake pudding mix and a little splenda.  Tastes like cheesecake.  I like to top it with some no sugar added cherry pie filling.

I would recommend not trying any kind of dessert if you're out with family, unless it's something you've tried before and know you tolerate.  Dumping at your birthday party would not be fun.  Even sugar free desserts can really upset your stomach sometimes - not something like protein ice cream or the cheesecake yogurt stuff, but like a sugar free cake mix, stuff like that, high in sugar alcohols.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Trindybell
on 1/27/13 7:35 pm - Akron, OH

Low Carb, Low sugar Cheesecake

AprilM1969
on 1/27/13 8:21 pm - OH

My favorite "sweet" treat is some SF chocolate pudding with some light cool whip.  Happy Birthday!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 557 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 546 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views
Recent Topics