Body media fit link

KathyS28
on 1/26/13 11:35 am - MA

My daughter has joined me in exercising to help keep me motivated, always nice to have company at the gym.

being the techie that she is, she wants me to buy this device tracks all exercise, calories and sleep efficiency. 

Just wondering if anyone has one and what you think.     Thanks

LJ1972
on 1/26/13 11:38 am - FL

I have one and LOVE it!!!  Just got it right after Christmas, but it gives some great information.  My frustration isn't with the BMF, it is with my AT&T phone service - I want to use some of the "extras"  on the app for the BMF, but my phone doesn't get service in the gym 

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

jlewis1981
on 1/26/13 11:42 am - FL

I had one for a long time as my gym gave them away for free with a 6 month membership to the website that tracks the data.

If you're buying it on your own, they are quite pricey (in my opinion) because the mechanism won't show any data unless you buy the watch/display unit which is a separate purchase. On top of that, there is a monthly fee to upload you data to a website that is pretty hard to use (and I'm on computers all day with work) and it is slow and getting you the information you want. 

I got tired of wearing mine and sold it on eBay. So if you are looking to find one for less than the gym is selling it at, I would try there first. 

I use a fitbit now and the fitbit scale. Both do practically the same thing as the Body media units for less and they are less invasive on the body.

Do your research and best of luck!

-Jeff

Karens62
on 1/26/13 12:38 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
Love, love, love my fit bit. I found I never used the sleep thing so now I have a fit it zip. It's easy, battery lasts a very long time, it uploads to the free website by Bluetooth when it gets near a phone and was very reasonably prices.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

KathyS28
on 1/26/13 11:56 am - MA

So do you wear it all day and if so what is that like?

jlewis1981
on 1/26/13 1:51 pm - FL

Check out this informational video: http://youtu.be/gA2xEH2C7Fg

It works pretty much exactly as the video states. I keep mine in my pocket.

christinalee
on 1/26/13 11:32 pm - At Home in, NH

I have a Body Media device and I absolutely love it.  I think the user interface is easy to use and very informative, the upload process (from the device to your computer) is a piece of cake, the subscription is very, very inexpensive (under $5.00 month -- that's less than two latte's at Starbucks a month), and the information it gives you in tracking your calories burned, physical activity, sleep patterns, etc., is fantastic. 

I wear my armband 24/7 except when I shower and take it off to upload the data, and most of the time I forget I'm even wearing it.  Now that it syncs and imports data from MyFitnessPal and Runtastic, it's even more useful.  I'm a data girl (and an IT person by trade) and I love knowing what my body is telling me, how effective she is in burning calories and I truly enjoy keeping tabs on what I need to do to be the best me I can be.

It's that simple for me.  I know of folks who have the Fitbit and who are equally as happy.  The key is finding what works for you and then using it as a tool to support a happy, healthy lifestyle.

Rock on...
Christina

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Wendi S.
on 1/27/13 2:28 am
RNY on 04/02/12

I returned my bodymedia fit link. The bluetooth wouldn't stay connected or wouldn't connect. It worked occasionally and I had one successful workout using the app on my phone. I'm now using a fitbit zip and I love it. No problems with bluetooth connectivity and I don't have to wear it around my arm. I clip it to my bra and it doesn't show like the bodymedia did on my arm. Good luck with whatever device you decide to try. I love technology!

KathyS28
on 1/27/13 5:04 am - MA

Thanks everyone lots of great info. I think I will try the fitbit.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 513 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 402 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics