2 weeks post op... Eating too much?

AlyAbout2BaBride
on 1/27/13 10:57 pm
RNY on 01/14/13

I started yogurt yesterday,  I was able to eat the whole container, about 5.3oz of light and fit Greek.  I readeople are only eating two tablespoons of food but I felt just find with this much.... Should I be having less?

Ty

Aly

NaturallyMeka
on 1/27/13 11:08 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/26/12

I'm not sure what others are going to say. But at 2 weeks I was able to do the same with Yoplait light. I think it just depends honestly.

Dee.spunk
on 1/27/13 11:09 pm - Sacramento, CA
At this point you should be measuring your food because you wont have that full feeling. I believe at two weeks I was eating 1/4 cup, 2 oz.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Pittsteelers
on 1/27/13 11:12 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Everybody is different. But I was only able to eat about 2 ounces of yogurt or any puréed food. I know after my liquid stage I couldn't wait to actually eat food and my first "meal" was mashed potatoes and puréed chicken. I know I probably over did it because it tasted so good and I didn't want to stop. Just be care and take it easy.

anewbeginning2012
on 1/27/13 11:14 pm, edited 1/27/13 11:15 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

I think yogurt is considered a slider food so you are "able" to eat more of it. I would ask your nutritionist how much they want you to consume. (I can probably eat a whole lot more than I do, but we have to measure and limit our intake or we will be right back where we started). Everyone is very different- so your nut. might say that is okay. I don't remember how much I ate of yogurt at 2 weeks out, but it was probably close to a 1/2 of a small container. (or like 2 oz.)

Kris        
Hollie313
on 1/27/13 11:33 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

Get used to ALWAYS measuring your food.  Right now your nerves are cut and you will not get the full feeling you are used to.  Measuring is the only way to make sure you are eating the correct amount.  =)

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Lori F.
on 1/27/13 11:34 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I was able to eat more of yogurt then too - but we are required to measure out foods - then I was on 1/4 c per meal, 5-6 times per day.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Barbara C.
on 1/28/13 12:23 am - Raleigh, NC

Ty,

One of the biggest variables from one program to another is the dietary plan. Each Dr. seems to have a different protocol. You need to be sure that you are following YOUR doctor's protocol regarding what to eat and how much.

While much of the restriction that we feel post op is due to our smaller pouch, much more of the restriction is due to swelling. The amount of swelling that each person experiences can vary a great deal, so you may not be experiencing quite as much swelling as some people experience. Also, yogurt is a soft food that can easily go through the opening in the bottom of the pouch so you may be able to continue consuming yogurt even though you may be consuming more volume with yogurt that you could if you were consuming something that was more solid.

Check with your Dr's office and make sure that they are comfortable with the volume you are consuming at one sitting. If they are, just continue as you are.

Wishing all the best in your new journey to a healthier you,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Amanda M.
on 1/28/13 2:14 am
RNY on 01/18/13
I started yogurt a few days ago with my full liquids. I get 2 tbsp of food, 3 times a day. Tomorrow I move up to my pureed stage which allows 3 tbsp of food, 3 times a day. There are times I cant finish my 2 tbsp and other times I think "this is IT?"

I cant trust my pouch to tell me how much I should eat. So I always measure. I would stick to measuring everything from now on according to your doctors plan.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views