So sick

alycat75
on 2/5/13 1:44 am - Indian Trail, NC
RNY on 01/14/13
Haven't been able to keep anything bu****er down for 2 days. My little girls have confirmed flu but I have no idea if what I'm experiencing is bc of flu or pouch issues. My pouch is really aggravated from all the vomiting and I'm so frustrated from feeling ill all the time since this surgery. What have I done?

Surgery Date:  January 14, 2013

HW:  273   |   SW:  250.9. |   CW:  209.3  |  GW:  150

Cindyagogo
on 2/5/13 1:51 am
RNY on 02/21/12

Don't go any longer...you  are running the risk of becoming severely dehydrated whether it is the flu or not and that is very bad. Call your surgeon ASAP. You may have developed a stricture so you should get that checked out.  I waited to call my Doc. and ended up in the hospital getting huge amount of fluids pushed in my arm.

cajungirl
on 2/5/13 3:44 am

Call your doctor, if you can't keep anything down it could be flu-related since others have it.  It could also be surgery related and you may need to head to the ER for fluids. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

rbb825
on 2/5/13 4:54 pm - Suffern, NY

It doesnt matter what the cause -you are only a couple weeks out and if you cant keep anything down and are throwing everything up you need to go the ER for fluids.  You wont be doing your daughter any favors if you are totally dehydrated and have to stay.  Hopefully just a bag or 2 of fluids and that will be all you need.

Are you still on fluids or have you progressed further?  If you are having pouch issues - my surgeon always told us - anytime you start vomitting and cant keep stuff down, go back to fluids for a few days and then go back slowly, adding one item at a time until you can tolerate foods again.  If you are able to start some mushy foods, make sure they are like yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, have some jello for extra fluids, protein shakes for extra protein. You want to let the pouch rest for a bit, so stay on the liquids for a bit and then go onto the soft stuff and once that can go down, then try some solid stuff.  If nothing will go down, then you need to call your sugeon - you may have a stricture but you need to make sure you are better first before you figure that out.

The first foods I was allowed for solids were - a soft cooked egg or poached  - or egg salad.  A slice of cheese with 6 saltine crackers (when you chew the crackers they basically disapear - believe it or not they have protein in them), Tuna or other soft fishes, SF applesauce, Finely ground chopped meat in some tomato sauce.  Those were the foods that were allowed the first week on solids - once they could be tolerated then we progressed to the next group of foods

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views