Splenda?

AlyAbout2BaBride
on 2/3/13 11:04 pm
RNY on 01/14/13

What is the best sweetner for us to put in our coffee?   And also what would be the best laxative that would be easy on our stomach at this point?

Thank you

Aly

JanBooth
on 2/3/13 11:08 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I either use Splenda or nothing if I add my protein shake to coffee. 
My daily routine includes Metamucil now.  It has helped to move things along.  Occasionally, I take a dose of MOM.
Still need to increase my fiber intake, but so far...so good! 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Esta F.
on 2/3/13 11:09 pm - IL
RNY on 07/25/12

Splenda definately....i use it on everything...lol.  Sorry i can't help you out about the laxative

Dee.spunk
on 2/3/13 11:10 pm - Sacramento, CA
I use benefiber and Splenda. I like it better than equal. My mom uses stevia. She says it's natural. I don't like the after taste.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

AprilM1969
on 2/3/13 11:14 pm - OH

I use Splenda.  I take Align it's a probiotic and it's worked great so far I started taking it about 2 weeks ago.

helenm71
on 2/3/13 11:48 pm

surgeons office told me senna or colace.  how are you feeling 2 weeks post op? are you emotions winding down? my surgery is feb 11 and im an raging insomniac with racing thoughts, lol

AlyAbout2BaBride
on 2/3/13 11:53 pm
RNY on 01/14/13

My emotions are still a little out of whack.... Yesterday I was crying bc I didn't want to go to a Super Bowl party and be around food and beer and my finance wasn't too understanding until the tears started flowing....  I'm not ready to sit there with everyone in that type of setting yet....  It's also hard bc everyone thinks I just had my gallbladder out so at least one of the guys there yesterday is a dr.  I didn't really want to worry about him asking anything either since I still have my gallbladder.   Ughh

Aly

Gizzys
on 2/3/13 11:48 pm - Canada

I use Splenda mostly.  I would like to try Stevia since it is all natural but I haven't yet.  I use Restoralax (same as Miralax) once in awhile when I find things are slow moving.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Amy D.
on 2/3/13 11:57 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

At less than a month post op the coffee would have been a laxative for me! But, other than that, I use Miralax in one of my drinks every day to keep things moving. However if you are at critical mass then you might want to go the Dulcolax suppository route. That's what I had to do early out when things stopped moving. There are certainly other things you could try, though.

Oh, and if Splenda is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I've tried stevia in my coffee and didn't care for it. It's all about taste preference and how you feel about artificial sweeteners, really.

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
AlyAbout2BaBride
on 2/4/13 12:06 am
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Amy.   I'm trying the coffee first bc I'm at three weeks today and the last two weeks nothing has budged but I also haven't used the bathroom so I'm wondering if that could be a bit of the problem....What other suggestions do you have.....    

Aly

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 65 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 308 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?