Posted this on the Oklahoma forum and got NO response...hoping for better luck here

gtayl006
on 2/6/13 2:04 pm

Hello- I am relocating to OKC in 2 weeks for a job and am really interested in connecting with some people who have commonalities with me...Weird eating habits and a true desire for an active lifestyle...LOL kiss

I am 6 1/2 months post gastric bypass and down 120lbs. I am currently working out 6 days a week (Bike, Run, Swim, and Weights), and am training for a triathlon in July here in Florida.

I also need to find a support group in OKC that I can attend as I feel like that is a main strength for me....

Thanks Genevieve

bernice30
on 2/6/13 2:46 pm
RNY on 04/17/13

Wow great job! Thats an incredible amount  of weight you have lost! However I dont have any other answers to your questions...but wow!

MultiMom
on 2/6/13 7:01 pm - NH

I would suggest that you find a bariatric program in your new area and see if they have a support group for post-ops. You could probably attend those meetings and find like minded people. I know that the group that my bariatric center has them open to all post ops for free and even have activities ie: hikes, white water rafting, horseback riding, etc. Obviously those may not be free though. Good luck!

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Stephanie H.
on 2/7/13 1:50 am - OK
RNY on 02/12/13

Edmond, OK is about 13 miles NW of OKC, WeightWise Bariatric Program is there and here is their webstie: 

http://weightwise.com/default/seminars/in-person-seminar

Also, this is the one, (Journey Clinic) I am going thru and it is about the same distance from OKC:

http://www.journeyclinicweightloss.com/support-group

Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics