Yay March 18th!!

lumina99
on 2/7/13 11:16 pm - ME

Got my surgery date for March 18th yesterday! I`m so happy & a little anxious. I have to see the Gastroenterologist first so they can do a scope. Part of my Bariatric team is a personal trainer. I met with him twice so far and have to say how smart they are to include this! Building muscle BEFORE surgery is so important!

Does anyone have anyone have advice for me before I go to surgery? And what should I expect when getting the scope??

thynnlynn
on 2/7/13 11:41 pm - MI

Congrats on your date!!!!  I do not have to have a scope, so cannot help you there.  Hope everything goes smoothly for you!!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

imaclutz
on 2/7/13 11:42 pm - WI
RNY on 04/17/13

Woo hoo!!  Good or you!       The only thing I have left to do is the stress test and I'm hoping soon after that I'll be getting my date.  I'm hoping for March too!      I've had several scopes, and believe me, after they give you "the shot", you won't care where that scope is going......kiss  Afterwards you have a little short term amnesia, and will ask the same questions a bunch of times.  I knew this ahead of time and every time I'd ask my husband a question, he'd just start smiling and I knew I'd already asked him that 10 times already.  You may end up with a little scratchy/sore throat from the scope, but nothing more than annoying.  Just rest & relax the remainder of the day and you should be fine. 

Marie

lumina99
on 2/7/13 11:45 pm - ME

Ha ha, that`s what the nurse said about the pain medicine...can`t wait!!

mzlaura
on 2/8/13 12:40 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

Congrats on your surgery date! I am another one who didn't have to do a scope so i am no help there sorry.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 119 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?