Bought ISOPURE Alpine punch today

brenlee1965
on 2/9/13 7:55 am - New Berlin, NY
It taste like watered down cough syrup with a terrible aftertaste. Guess I won't be spending the money on that again, anytime soon....DANG it all! I was hoping I would like this. I don't care much for kool-aid & it taste like that mixed with cough syrup.
 Bren                
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/9/13 7:57 am - OH

I think the Isopure is vile, but I really like the Cytomax Pure Protein brand protein waters, which come in Tangerine, Watermelon (kind of fruit punch type), and Tropical (which is bright lime green).  I like the Tangerine the best.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

brenlee1965
on 2/9/13 8:01 am - New Berlin, NY
THANKS......I will try that next.
 Bren                
Neaucora
on 2/9/13 9:00 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Isopure is gross. I mix the mango/peach flavor (1 part) with peach mango crystal light (2 or 3 parts). I carry a squirt bottle with me everywhere and sip on this all day. That way I get in the 40 grams of protein, plus lots of liquids.  I would try the Alpine punch with the crystal light fruit punch and see if you can handle it. That way hopefully you won't have to toss it away.

JaneJetson60
on 2/9/13 9:11 am
RNY on 05/07/12

HI Bren!  I remember forcing that crap down me in the beginning and I am convinced that drink was developed by Satan. hahahhaha  I did try a few just in case the one flavor was any better and I agree with Lora, that stuff is VILE.    Jane

netnay
on 2/9/13 4:09 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

I am so glad I read this. I have not had my surgery yet( still waiting on approval). I went to gnc to check out some of their protein shakes and the cashier kept saying that isopure is the best thing for gastric bypass patients. I talked to my dietician and she was saying it is also about what each patient could get down. I will not be buying this just to waste the money on it. That stuff is expensive!!!

juleskar
on 2/10/13 8:47 am
Yep, that Isopure Zero Carb stuff is nasty! That weird tongue coating stuff??ewww. However, I do love the 3 flavors of Isopure Smoothies. Seriously!! I purchase them online from Vitamin Shoppe. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't get all my protein in. They are expensive, but it's still cheaper than all the $$ I've spent over the years buying fast food.
Adrianne_Dawn
on 2/11/13 4:29 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

Hahahaha You're talking about the pre-made stuff right? OMG that stuff has the worst after taste.  I like the isopure vanilla but that's completely different.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 287 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 258 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 201 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 137 views
Recent Topics