What are you doing/eating today? Tuesday!

Stephanie M.
on 2/11/13 9:04 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Morning all! Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday...was busy getting dental work done (my mouth is still very sore today). Today will be a long day, but once Tuesdays are over, my week is pretty smooth sailing. I have 2 academic classes, I teach Abs and Glutes and Cycling, then I take an exam and then write a paper. Yikes, that's a lot of stuff! But I'll feel better when today is done. 

Foods for today: 

Breakfast- Greek yogurt and healthy banana nut muffin (made out of protein powder)

Lunch- Salmon, brown rice and veggies

Dinner- Atkins Protein bar

Snack- Apple with peanut butter

Have a great day, everyone!  

Neen L.
on 2/11/13 10:55 pm - Arlington, VA

Happy Mardi Gras!!!!

Good morning all! A little sore today. Too many hip-openers during yoga lately and I'm paying for it with a mild groin pull. But, proud of myself for not using it as an excuse to not work out today. Got up at 5:30, did my 85 minute practice (just modified a few postures to avoid overstretching that groin muscle), and went on my merry way to work.

Our weekly farm delivery comes on Tuesday so I'm inundated with eggs, ground beef/turkey, and yogurt. We also got a really awesome looking roasting chicken this week. They are always so nice to accommodate requests for lighter birds since I'm only ever cooking for two. Hooray! No need to go to the store after work and hunt down something for dinner. Awesome.

Food today is pretty average, water and coffee during the day and then I am making corn flake crusted chicken for dinner tonight. It's one of our favorite meals. Snacks will be eggs, kashi protein / fiber bars, something sweet, and a yogurt from the farm. I might have to make us some beignets and Cafe DuMonde chicory and coffee to celebrate Fat Tuesday.

Have a happy day everyone!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

annaboo1
on 2/11/13 11:55 pm - NC

Morning all, still trying to stay accountable. It helps!

1) couple of cubes of cheddar cheese (I was starving when I woke up!)

2) EAS shake

3) cafe has meatloaf, so i will probably have some of that and lima beans.

4) I have these new kashi bars that are AAAMAZING. Banana chocolate chip!!

5) dinner will be chicken and veggies probably.

6) if I need a snack, maybe some celery with pb.

Have a productive day!

HW/SW/GW/CW                       
330/280/160/154
RebeccaElise
on 2/12/13 12:12 am - Quincy, MA

I'm have a Not Feeling Like Eating/Very Hungry day today, so the meal plan feels like a bigger challenge than normal. sigh okay....let's see....

B: Decaf coffee and a protein shake

S: Steamed edamame and some mixed veggies w/1 t. butter

L: Hummus w/baked lentil chips and a clementine

S: 1 oz. RF cheddar and 1/2 sliced apple

D: Roasted chicken w/veggies

Meh....that protein shake doesn't sound at ALL appealing today. I may just have the edamame and the clementine for breakfast.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

Lisa T.
on 2/12/13 2:54 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12

I'm on day 2 of training for a mini-marathon in May.  It's going really well. 

B - Yoplait Greek Yogurt and Tall Skinny Caramel Macchiato (I should give up Starbucks for lent - gasp!)

L - Salad (Arugula, cherry tomatoes, 1/8 c blue cheese crumbles, shredded chicken, EVOO & lemon juice - delish)

D - haven't gotten that far yet.  I have meatballs, fixings for a crustless quiche, or chicken teriyaki supplies on hand. 

AS - cucumbers w/laughing cow cheese wedge & pure protein shake.

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Lisa T.
on 2/12/13 8:48 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
I ended up with Shrimp Scampi Lean Cuisine. I was too tired after training today to cook.

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

madeformore
on 2/12/13 3:44 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Breakfast: Mocha Latte protein shake

Lunch: Taco salad at home

Supper: Son requested grilled cheese & tomato soup so I will make that for them. But I'm a total meat lover since surgery so I may make myself a steak. :) Otherwise another taco salad if I am feeling too lazy to cook anything else.

Snacks: Apple with greek yogurt, cheese stick, a piece of chocolate or a girl scout cookie

Had a playdate for my MOPS group this morning, which would have been an easy excuse to skip the gym after a hectic morning routine. But I didn't - I let them know I'd be late for the playdate and I went to the gym! Woohoo! First time back since vacation and it felt good to get that accomplished. Now to get back into the routine! Otherwise on the agenda today is a bit of planning work for my MOPS group (I'm the coordinator) and laundry. A quiet day today - much needed!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views