10 months out = dizzy&weak

Wendi S.
on 2/10/13 9:34 am
RNY on 04/02/12

I want to preface my concern by letting you know I do have an appointment tomorrow to see my doctor!

But, I'm wondering if any of you have experienced dizziness and weakness after RNY. I'm 10 months out and down 110 pounds so far. I get 800-900 calories a day and 70-80g protein a day. I also drink 80-100oz of water a day. I take all my vitamins and even exercise 3-4 times a week. I'm following the plan and was doing really well until the past week. I've almost passed out on multiple occasions and I just feel *off*. It's so hard to describe. I had my 6 month labs done in Oct. and my levels were all great except my vitamin A. I've since added a vitamin A supplement. My only other new symptom in the past month has been the dreaded constipation....ugh. I'm taking colace daily and even had to take a couple of doses of milk of magnesia.

poet_kelly
on 2/10/13 9:36 am - OH

So you didn't have nine month labs done?  You might want to ask your doc to order those tomorrow.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Wendi S.
on 2/10/13 9:40 am
RNY on 04/02/12

My surgeon only orders 6 month and 12 month labs. I am going to ask my PCP to check my Iron, B12, Vit. D, and thyroid function tomorrow along with anything she feels necessary. I am hypothyroid and have had my dose reduced 3 times since surgery.

Stacey-in-Syracuse
on 2/10/13 10:49 am - Jordan, NY
RNY on 12/20/12

No words of wisdom here, but I do hope you get answers and feel better soon!

RNY on 12/20/12 at 307.  Highest ever 326 pounds.  Goal weight 180 pounds.

apurdie
on 2/10/13 2:05 pm - CA

When I feel this way, I have a snack.  I think mine is related to low blood sugar.

Adrianne_Dawn
on 2/11/13 12:51 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

I'm 8 months out and was having the same issue with dizzy spells, after talking to my nutritionist we determined that the cause was probably due to lack of eating.  I now eat every 2 hours or so which has helped the dizzy spells hugely. 

I'm kinda bad about breakfast but I have a high protein snack about 930-10 am, Lunch at about 12-1230, Snack again at about 2pm and then again at 4pm and dinner at 6pm followed by a snack sometimes about 8pm (Not every night).

Snacks consist of: String cheese, veggie, fruit, yogurt, protein drink - nothing to heavy

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Recent Topics