How long before this FREEZING to death ends?

brenlee1965
on 2/18/13 9:44 am - New Berlin, NY
I am so freakin cold....even wearing 3 layers of clothes. I live in COLD NY and I am really struggling with being COLD. I am miss complain about the cold (no longer am I Brenda). How long will this last???
 Bren                
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 2/18/13 10:34 am

I'm 20 months out and still waiting for it to end......

Winnie

Pittsteelers
on 2/18/13 10:34 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I'm over 6 months out and am still freezing. I live in NW PA so I know cold.

Jewelsstevens
on 2/18/13 11:44 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

It was 70 here today and I had my heater on at work...

Cheryl N.
on 2/18/13 11:51 am - Des Moines, WA

I'm 18 months out and still cold.   I'm impatiently waiting for hot flashes to start!! I'm 46! :P

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

stlfocus
on 2/18/13 11:58 am - IA

At a year and half out I am still freezing.  Used my heater at work all last summer.  Keep in mind that I used to be the person who had a fan running all summer and winter because I was so darn hot.

I prefer being cold because I can always add a layer. 

sealebaby
on 2/18/13 12:08 pm - BLOUNTSTOWN, FL
i am 10 years out and sleep with an electric blanket year round in florida. i never get hot when walking or exercising like other people. so i just keep sweaters in the car and try to be happy i am not a sweaty mess anymore. it started right after surgery.

Lizzie S.
on 2/18/13 1:27 pm

I'm just over 2 yrs post op and still cold.   pre op I was always hot, often to the point of sweating so this being cold was totally foreign to me.   In summer I run the ac because the house gets so hot, then have to wear my sweats because I get chilled so easily.   I've never in my life been able to wear a sweatshirt with a tshirt under it...until post op. I really am enjoying this change.  I'm in OR so it isn't terribly cold other than a few days a year.

Lizzie S in OR

Joanna C.
on 2/18/13 1:57 pm
I'm six months out and freezing!

Joanna

Mal
on 2/18/13 4:37 pm

Well for me, never.  I am almost 3 years out and I'm constantly freezing.  My fiance makes fun of me because when we go to bed I have like 3 layers of covers on me up to my neck and he's got on a sheet.  Hey, for me, its better than the alternative.  I had a hysterectomy when I was 39 and the hot flashes and night sweets are WORSE!  I take the lowest dose of Premarin now (I don't have my ovaries) and that issue is gone now.

But I know what you mean about the cold.  For me, these past few days here have been bitter, bone-chilling cold--the kind of cold that HURTS!  (I live in Nantucket).  Tomorrow when I go to work (its cold where we work too) I'm wearing a thick pair of tights under my one-size too big jeans that I just can't seem to throw away (now I know why! LOL) and I always wear layers--many of them!  I have to buy some wool socks online because my feet are so cold (the toes mostly) all the time inside my shoes. 

I guess our bodies were so used to the added 'insulation' we had (for me my whole life) that after we lose it, we're COLD! LOL

M'Lane

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 262 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 212 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 314 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 142 views