Strange Pain Question

Angela_Italiana
on 3/6/13 12:19 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Hey all! I am now two days post-op and have had a strange pain near/under my left shoulder blade. It is intermittent for about a day now, and is not severe. Just enough for me to notice. Has anyone else experienced this? I plan on call my doctor tomorrow, but just thought I would reach out to everyone here as well.

Thanks
poet_kelly
on 3/6/13 12:22 pm - OH

Most likely it's gas.  Did you have laproscopic surgery?  When they do lap surgery, they pump gas into your abdomen, kind of like blowing up a balloon, to make more room in there so they can see what they are doing and have room to move instruments around.  After surgery, that gas tends to rise and causes shoulder pain.  It usually goes away in a couple days.  Until then, walking usually helps.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Angela_Italiana
on 3/6/13 12:37 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Yes, it was laprascopic. Thank you so much for your answer, I will confirm with my surgeon tomorrow.
ginger F.
on 3/6/13 1:28 pm - DC
Yes, I'm 2 weeks post op lap/RNY and something similar happened to me. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about!
Mamaof6Blessings
on 3/6/13 3:02 pm - New Brighton, PA
I am three weeks post opt. I had Alot of shoulder pain from the gas. A heating pad helped Alot, walking, and Gas-X strips. Hope you are feeling better and stronger as each day goes by. God Bless!

Edie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 313 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 50 views