clean eaters: anybody using the Vega shakes/bars?

Louise1974
on 3/5/13 12:57 am

Someone gave me one yesterday and even though the protein was a bit lower than I like in a bar (15grams) the ingredients make me want to sing for joy, vegan, whole food, gluten free, nothing I can't pronounce.  Now if only they weren't so danged expensive.

artroxy blue
on 3/5/13 1:11 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I tried the shakes, but had a hard time choking them down after the first one. Then, I had an explosive diarrhea episode after the first shake, so I'm staying away from them. LOL For me, it was a texture thing. It was a bit gritty, and if it sat out for a bit, it got thicker. 

artroxy blue
on 3/5/13 1:11 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Oh, and that diarrhea episode was before I had surgery. I've tried since then but no go for me. 

Louise1974
on 3/5/13 1:18 am

ugh, yuck, I am off the shakes so I wasn't thinking of trying those but I definitely won't now.  The bar I had was pretty good.  It is so nice to have a protein bar handy in the car or in my purse for emergencies but I hate putting all that #$%# in my body.  the natural bars all seem to be so low in protein and high in carbs,  often from honey, and that doesn't seem like a good idea.  do you have one you like?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/5/13 3:31 am

Those bars have way too many carbs and sugars. Even if it is natural = sugar is sugar...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics