Honey

Erika P.
on 3/9/13 7:55 am - Birch Run, MI

I'm thinking of making my own granola instead of buying it already made in the cereal aisle. The recipes I found want me to use honey. I just don't know if/how my body will react. I'm wondering if its like natural sugar or like the same sugar found in the fruit and Greek yogurts I eat. I also came across another recipe for protein peanut butter balls that calls for honey. I do fine with store bought granola and god knows what's in that! Lol

any ideas what I should do? Or just try and see?? Lol

lena_29
on 3/9/13 7:58 am
I have heard of agave nectar I wonder how sugar is on that.
pararomancemom
on 3/9/13 8:05 am - NC
RNY on 03/20/13

My NUT told me to try it with caution as it can act like sugar  I use it now and hope I don't have to give it up.  Every Body responds differently.  If you make it and react, then give it away and try something else.

Ht: 5'4"; HW 239, SW 220, CW 204, GW125 

stlfocus
on 3/9/13 12:22 pm - IA

Walmart carries an sugar free honey (imitation obviously).  50 calories per tbsp.  Not bad.  I used it in peanut butter balls also.

allygator
on 3/9/13 2:35 pm - SC
RNY on 01/29/13

okay come up off the peanut butter ball recipe!!! lol that just sounds sooo ymmy right now like a reeses cup lol

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/9/13 9:41 pm
Sugar is sugar is sugar. Most sugars are natural. IMO best is to avoid. The fake honest - typically have a lot of SA - and some of us can react to that worse than to sugar of any kind.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

wmamey
on 3/10/13 12:14 am
RNY on 06/18/12
On March 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM Pacific Time, Erika P. wrote:

I'm thinking of making my own granola instead of buying it already made in the cereal aisle. The recipes I found want me to use honey. I just don't know if/how my body will react. I'm wondering if its like natural sugar or like the same sugar found in the fruit and Greek yogurts I eat. I also came across another recipe for protein peanut butter balls that calls for honey. I do fine with store bought granola and god knows what's in that! Lol

any ideas what I should do? Or just try and see?? Lol

I am not sure about the sugar issue but for me personally, I don't think I would use it. It's just not good for you. I think it is also a trigger food for me = sweets are difficult for me.Anyway try Nik's protein balls and see how they do for you!
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2012/09/niks-protein-power-balls.html

Blondie76
on 3/10/13 4:39 am - AL
I use honey in a lot of my cooking. I don't use very much nor do I eat it daily. Personally, I think homemade granola with a bit of honey for sweetness is a better option on so many levels than buying the package stuff at the stores. You could even either chop some dates into it or make a bit of date paste to use with the honey. You should look into soaking your oats before making the granola. Hope you find something that works for you!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics