On soft food diet, is it to soon for.....??

mymeow
on 3/10/13 4:49 am - Parker, CO
RNY on 02/12/13
I am on a soft food diet almost a month out, but am feeling like something different, like going out, which I haven't done since before surgery. Would maybe a naked chicken bowl from Chipotle, with maybe chicken, black beans and cheese be considered a soft food? I was also feeling like a turkey burger, no bun. Would that be a soft food? Of course, both of these would be thoroughly chewed and I would only eat the 1/2 cup in allowed at this point. Any thoughts??

Robin

Lap Band 4/15/2008 (SW 304); Revision to RNY 2/12/2013

HW for RNY 268, SW 255, CW 174

Joyceebaby
on 3/10/13 4:50 am
RNY on 11/29/12

Soft food is anything you can mash with a fork.  I'd probably stay clear of meat for a bit longer, but if you do try it, chew, chew, chew. :)

poet_kelly
on 3/10/13 4:58 am - OH

Yes, chicken, turkey, beans and cheese are all soft foods.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherrie P.
on 3/10/13 5:00 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I would avoid the chicken. I was told to wait 12 weeks for chicken. 

Ground turkey, ground beef, yes.

Just my programs point of view.  Just chew chew chew or you will be sad sad sad... ;-)

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

BWB
on 3/10/13 5:14 am

Chicken can be dry and tough and as  many here have said, it is difficult to keep down.  Include me in that group.  The best way to eat meat is slow cooked with broth or stew tomatoes and veggies.  

Pittsteelers
on 3/10/13 5:24 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I was aloud chicken in my puréed stage. Chicken never bothered me. I hope it sits well with you. Chicken is my go to food. I eat chicken all the time, all different ways. Good luck.

kim_emma02
on 3/10/13 8:20 am - Ontario, Canada

I am  weeks post op and I eat chicken almost daily.  If the restaurant has a website, I would check out their nutritional values before you go to make sure you are ok with the amounts of fat, sugars, etc....

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

65rosesmom
on 3/10/13 10:28 am

I don't think Chipoltle chicken would be considered soft, but the turkey burger would   I started eating turkey and ground meat meatballs, meatloaf, and burger type things in my pureed stage....because I just could not stomach pureed stuff.   They all went down well.  You might try meatballs first because you can cook them in a no sugar tomato sauce and they should be very soft and tender.   If those go well, give a turkey burger or salmon burger a shot.  Salmon patties are a big favorite for me.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Kim7777
on 3/10/13 11:38 am - NC
RNY on 02/04/13

My soft diet was anything you could cut with a fork....including chicken and beef.  I was told to avoid dry meat or stringy meat.  I have chicken almost every day.  Beans are a great protein food and I've never had trouble with them either.  I think you could certainly try it and see how you feel.  I kind of always know almost immediately if something doesn't agree with me.  Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views