Had gastrit bypass 10 days ago

yary500
on 3/23/13 7:00 am
RNY on 03/14/13

weight:250 Hi i just had gastric bypass 10 days ago and i havent feel any of those sympthoms everyone talk about dumpling, nausea, vomit and etc. The doctor said that i would be able to take about 2 oz. but i feel i can take more than that before i feel any fullness. i try to eat my blended food or drink my liquid as slow as i can but is not easy. Any one else experience this any help may be appreciated.

Candy V.
on 3/23/13 11:38 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Your nerves were cut so you wont feel full.  Make sure you measure your food.  Fluids I would take more than 2 oz but food no not yet.  Follow you surgeons orders for quantity.  Not everyone gets sick.  I am 6 months out and have never dumped and only been sick to my stomach a few times from beef.  Take it slow and best wishes.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

lumina99
on 3/23/13 12:35 pm - ME
My surgeon says the liquid protein diet I had before surgery is what I have to have the two weeks after. Your stomach needs time to heal. After that I can have pureed for a couple weeks then soft foods. Don't rush anything while your stomach is healing! And yes, measure everything till you get used to knowing what the amount you can have by heart. I have 4oz of water between my shakes and I can have chicken broth or tea too. Sugar free Jello is good for a nighttime snack. Good luck, I haven't felt nautious at all yet.

Laura A.

yary500
on 3/23/13 1:35 pm
RNY on 03/14/13

Thnk u ladies and no i havent rush to anything my doctor said that on the 8 th day i had to start my blended diet so i did. Can some one give me and example of what u guys ate on your blended diet.

Most Active
Recent Topics