3 weeks and 1 day out

misspeachpie
on 3/26/13 8:04 am - FL
Is it ok to have mashed potatoes and gravy from Boston Market and just the ground beef and cheese from a taco? I'm not very domestic. Any advice will be appreciated.
MichelleNC
on 3/26/13 8:27 am

I have no idea but I am salivating at the idea.....day 7 after surgery and I could hurt someone for some real food Haha.

seriously though the taco meat at a ff place I would worry is high in fat and cooked in tons of grease. I would worry the gravy on the pots is loaded with stuff I don't need to. I might do plain pots and make my own tacos at home minus the shells.

good luck!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Findingme2013
on 3/26/13 8:30 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I would say,  no way!! I'm at day 50 and still afraid to try that!!  I was on soft food only like, fish, yogurt, cottage cheese, lowfat soup!!

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 3/26/13 8:51 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

It really depends on your program....I was allowed mashed potatoes and gravy...the potatoes & gravy at KFC only has 4 grams of fat with the gravy. I was not allowed ground beef in my third week.

If you like refried beans you can get those from Taco Bell and they about 7 grams of fat and 9 grams of protein.

Hope that helps!!

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)

KatBee
on 3/26/13 8:54 am

No Way! 

1- potato's way too many carbs. 2 - meat is prob fatty. Just hearing that makes me afraid of dumping

PrincessBelle
on 3/26/13 11:53 am
On March 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, KatBee wrote:

No Way! 

1- potato's way too many carbs. 2 - meat is prob fatty. Just hearing that makes me afraid of dumping

I'm with you. I puréed a Progresso soup w/6 gm fat per serving-cause the pic on the can looked heavenly-and I didn't dump but didn't feel we'll either.

RNY 3/11/13. 

April P.
on 3/26/13 11:20 am - IA

The mashed potato sounds kind of heavy for ebing  3 weeks out.  Ground beef might have a little too much fat. I had my surgery 3/6/13, so about  3 weeks ago and I can't do mashed potatos yet with out feeling like the food is stuck and then vomiting.  Today I eat just the soft part of potato salad (not the potato part) and I threw up. You may want try more of a lean meat first like fish or turkey.

honestlinzel
on 3/26/13 7:47 pm - CA

This is why you need to make your own mashed potatoes at home!

Mashed potatoes are SOOOOOOOO easy to make at home. You can also choose to add whatever you want to it. (no salt!)

Never have gravy. It is always filled with TONS of salt and fat.

The meat sounds like a terrible idea also. I know you say you are not domestic but there are tons of places that cater to healthy foods. Use yelp.com it is your friend. Also, you can buy cheese at the store :)

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 506 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 580 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 302 views