When did you....

misspeachpie
on 3/31/13 5:04 am - FL
Eat Mac n' Cheese?
lizpete
on 3/31/13 5:54 am - Marlboro, MA

I was told NEVER!!  The NUT suggested other options but no pasta.

Kat Kat
on 3/31/13 6:09 am - AZ
You want to focus on a protien forward diet, so eating pasta might not be a good choice. Also, many post ops find eating pasta to be a problem because it swells or forms a glob. If you choose to try it go slowly.

Kat

65rosesmom
on 3/31/13 6:20 am

I'm almost 8 months out and I have had one or two bites of pasta total.   Its not worth it....it will fill you up and give you none of the things you need.   Some day in the future, when you hit goal or closer, you may be able to have small amounts of it, but you may also find that you don't like the way pasta feels in y our stomach anymore.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

grmadeb01
on 3/31/13 6:42 am - FL

i have this  just a couple of times.. but i have made it from scratch, not from a box....i use plain greek yogurt, i grate my cheese..so at least it has a little bit more protein than the box kind....i also have used whole wheat pasta, quinoa pasta..so that ups the protein a bit too..

its not the best for us..but some times you just get a craving..so when that happens, i try to swap out things and make it as healthy as i can....i dont make it alot, but it does help with the cravings some times...

have a blessed day

debby

Pittsteelers
on 3/31/13 7:20 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I eat pasta, not very often, but limit it to wheat and eat very little of it. I make sure I measure it and document my calories. I don't deprive myself of a lot of things. I always eat my protein first.

Dee.spunk
on 3/31/13 7:32 am - Sacramento, CA
I don't eat pasta, but I wasn't a pasta fan before surgery either so I don't miss it. But I do eat protein forward meals, so pasta, like bread or rice, isn't even on my meal plan.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

MichelleNC
on 3/31/13 10:34 am

I agree protein forward meals are the way to go. But I also am a recovering carbaholic ;-)this is what I have decided. I can have a taste to see what my pouch does. But a taste is a small not even a full spoonful. I am just out of my 2 week liquid diet and when I wanted to cheat during those 2 weeks I told myself you did so much to get to this point why eat the stuff that made helped me get this way? In my mind it isn't even worth it. Take a taste if you must but remember protein first. Good Luck!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

MrsLitch
on 3/31/13 5:37 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

not since pre op and will likely never eat it again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views