Hair loss and getting worried.

AlyAbout2BaBride
on 3/26/13 12:46 pm
RNY on 01/14/13

Almost 2.5 months out and my hair has been falling out for a couple weeks.  I thought this started further down the road?   How long did this typically last for everyone?   My wedding is in oct and I grew my hair long and was taking such good care of it so I am soup set over this.    I know people. At think I'm crazy but i am having a very hard time with it.        

Aly

poet_kelly
on 3/26/13 1:04 pm - OH

It usually starts around three months out and lasts about three or four months.  It's hard for a lot of people.  It freaked me out and I was expecting it and while I had long hair and liked it long, I'm not really even sure why it freaked me out so much because typically I just don't care that much about stuff like hair.  I mean, it grows back, right?  but I would wake up in the morning with clumps of hair on my pillow and it really freaked me out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bbearsmama
on 3/26/13 10:23 pm
RNY on 02/28/13

Do you think it was noticeable? I mean-do people get bald spots?

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Darlene O.
on 3/26/13 1:25 pm - Cypress, TX
RNY on 01/02/13 with
I will be 3 months out tomorrow and just started noticing more hair coming out when I comb it out after I shampoo it. I have been taking biotin too. If you use a hair voluminizer and flip your hair upside down to blow dry it will get so full you won't notice if it get thin.

Darlene

Amanda M.
on 3/26/13 1:46 pm
RNY on 01/18/13

I had some hair loss after only a few weeks, guessing more from the anesthesia than anything else. I cut my hair (I know you don't want to for your wedding) to try and help with the thinning look of it. As of now, at almost 10 weeks out, I have not noticed any hair loss, but I have noticed my hair feels much more coarse than it used to. Good luck, dear! Worst case scenario, treat yourself to some beautiful real hair extensions to fill out your thickness for your wedding.

bbearsmama
on 3/26/13 10:24 pm
RNY on 02/28/13

I have noticed that my hair feels coarser, too. It was soft and silky and now it's kind of dry-like straw. I hope that gets better!

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

want2b
on 3/26/13 3:16 pm - Brownstown, IN
RNY on 03/06/12

I started losing mine about 4-5 months post op (i am 1 year post op now) It wasn't that bad at first, but it did get worse...I know you don't want to hear that...and I am sorry but it may happen with you. My brush would be FULL of hair with each stroke I made with it. I had LONG THICK hair past my butt.....and my pony tail was every bit as round as a half dollar coin if not bigger (probably bigger,, it was so thick). Now my hair is not even to my middle bra line and the thickness of y pony tail is maybe a penny in diameter. I on the other hand was kinda happy about it cause for once I didn't have to blow dry my hair for a half hour vs, 5 minutes top!!! and I can leave it down without it getting all over the place. (I don't cut my hair due to my religious beliefs). It is just now starting to grow back out, You can definitely see all the new growth, its about 2 inches long, and really noticeable around the sides of my forehead.

But My advise I can give you if you are really concerned about it is make sure you get ALL of your protein!!!! Everyone is different too, you may not loose your hair that much....Good luck and stay on top of your protein!!

MyLady Heidi
on 3/26/13 11:25 pm

Mine lasted for 6 months.  Get extensions if your hair doesn't look good for your wedding.  I know for years my hair was the only thing I liked about myself so I get it, but it is gonna fall out so mentally prepare because nothing will stop it.  There are all sorts of hair pieces you can add for the wedding, believe me you will be happier thinner with thinner hair then the opposite way.

Calla Lily
on 3/26/13 11:52 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

mine started falling out between 4 and 5 months post op... I was so freaked out! It lasted a few months, then around 9 months it stopped, and I could see baby bangs regrowing around my hair line, and whispy new hairs sticking out all over the place. Now at 14 months post op, I think my hair is thinner then it used to be, but I also think it only makes sense that once our nape of our heads shirnk, and the layer of fat that was around our skull goes away, and we just have a smaller space for our hair to cover, we would have less hair... my hairdresser told me she used to have to put 3 rows of highlights across the back of my head, but now only needs to do two... not because my hair is thinner, but because my head is smaller! haha

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

AlyAbout2BaBride
on 3/27/13 9:48 am
RNY on 01/14/13

Love this. Lol. 

Aly

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 57 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?