Emergen-C Vitamin C 1000mgPackets

HealthierTimesAhead
on 3/27/13 6:35 am
RNY on 12/20/10 with
Just wondering if anyone has started using this powdered Vitamin C 1000mg product with multi-B vitamins, antioxidants? If so, do you think it is a sound health/nutritious source, or just another sales marketing product to make money off of people?

I use to take Vitamin C 500mg tablets and it did ward off colds, etc. I'm curious about this powdered fizz product that you add to water or juice before drinking.

glad2balive
on 3/27/13 7:12 am, edited 3/27/13 7:13 am

My doctor warned me about carbonation drinks and seltzers (which is what you are making with this product), so I have not tried it. I have used the chewables, though.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

HealthierTimesAhead
on 3/27/13 1:35 pm
RNY on 12/20/10 with
I have tried this and it is nothing like a soda/seltzer carbonation drink. The word "fizz" shouldn't even have been used in the description of Emergen-C.

Thanks for your response though; much appreciated

Karen1961
on 3/27/13 11:53 am - Camp Verde, AZ
RNY on 12/31/12

My Dr also said no carbonated drinks.  also i think emergen- c has a lot of sugar in it doesn't it?  Do they have a sugar free version?

HealthierTimesAhead
on 3/27/13 1:32 pm
RNY on 12/20/10 with
No, it doesn't have much sugar. It's not carbonated like a soda is, even though it mentions the word "fizz". I have added it to watered down fruit juice...it's nothing like soda fizz at all.

I don't know about a sugar-free version, but the amount of sugar in it is very little.

Yes, I was told too no soda/carbonated drinks and it's true. But, like I said, this is nothing like a soda "fizz"/carbonation.

Thanks for your comments people

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/27/13 9:16 pm
I use it all the time but only the no sugar versions. Lite Emergen C . I typically add stevia. Sugar is sugar. I try to avoid any sugar added when lite options are available. 4 gr of sugars =1 tsp.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

HealthierTimesAhead
on 3/28/13 8:19 am
RNY on 12/20/10 with
I haven't tried the Lite Emergen-C, but will check into it. Thanks for your input ; much appreciated!

I just ordered off of The Vitamin Shoppe online, as they are on sale for $7.19 per box!! Great deal with free shipping.
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/28/13 8:31 am

That is really a good price. Good for you. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 494 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 562 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 551 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 195 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 274 views
Recent Topics