Pouch pain

soothingglow
on 3/29/13 3:33 am - Leland, NC
RNY on 03/12/13

Hi. I am 2 1/2 weeks out from RNY and about 45 min ago I took some of my medications and now my pouch is hurting/burning. Its painful and I have been taking my meds since a few days after surgery with no issues until now. I don't know if one got "stuck" or what. I've been sipping some water and it doesn't seem to be helping.  Any suggestions?

thynnlynn
on 3/29/13 3:48 am - MI

How about a little SF Jello to help them slide down.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

HopefulBee
on 3/29/13 7:10 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

May be too late but try drinking something warm - tea, broth, etc., as that will help dissolve them faster if they're stuck...

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

debbie A.
on 3/29/13 7:54 am - inland empire, CA

I seem to get anything stuck at least it feels like it unless it's pure liquid. It feels like it's stuck right under my boobies.

soothingglow
on 3/29/13 9:48 am - Leland, NC
RNY on 03/12/13

Well I drank some hot chamomile tea and that seems to have helped move it along but it still hurts like my pouch is irritated. I guess its liquids for me until I feel better.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/29/13 10:40 am - OH

I have never gotten anything stuck, so I don't know firsthand what that feels like, but I haven't heard people describe it as a burning sensation.  It sounds more like something was irritating the lining of the pouch (which is still probably pretty tender along the staple line at only 2.5 weeks out).  

I had one brand of multivitamins that made my pouch "burn".  I don't know what was in them that caused it, but it was very easy to isolate them and then identify them as the culprit.  (I switched to Centrum and everything was fine after that.) it may also just be that you took too many pills at one time and the combination of all the pills dissolving at once may have caused some irritation, so you might want to swallow them one at a time, take several sips of water, wait a minute or two, and then take the next one.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 499 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 569 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 559 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 286 views
Recent Topics