Surgery in two weeks !!!

Katie Rouleau
on 4/1/13 8:23 am - Lake Bluff, IL

Hi Everyone!

I am getting gastric bypass in two weeks! I am 18 and i cant wait to start my new life. So far pre-op ive gone from 370 to 325 and still going strong. I start my liquid on Wednesday and im so nervous! Basically my question is what should i expect on surgery day? i know they start and IV and i under anesthesia but do they like put a catheter in or will i have to take out my dermal piercings on my face?  And what about right after? I go to college full time and my surgery is on a wednesday and im assuming ill get out of the hospital on friday is it a realistic goal to expect to be able to go back to school on the following tuesday? Any answers will help!! im really scared & excited all at the same time!! 

maryottawa
on 4/1/13 8:39 am - Canada
My surgery will come 2 may, so i don't hace answer to you. I want to wish the best for you. I hope you can recover soon , but you need to put your health first, Daycare your self don't put your health un risk. Good wishes.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

debbie A.
on 4/1/13 9:19 am - inland empire, CA

Im not sure about piercings. The day I had my surgery, a few hours later, i got a catheter only because I couldn't pee and had no urge to. Everybody is different with their healing process, so its hard call on school that soon. My dr put me off work for 3 weeks and I sit on my butt at work all day. Good luck with your surgery.

Katie K.
on 4/1/13 10:48 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
If you can't go back to school as soon as you want, you may be able to apply for a medical withdrawal. At my university, you apply, it goes to a committee, and they decide if they'll grant it. I had complete medical withdrawals from two semesters due to psychiatric reasons. The showed up on my transcripts as MW, and it doesn't count against your gpa. I also got my tuition back. I would definitely tell your professors. They may be able to help you. I don't know how big your campus is, but I expect to be out for at least two weeks when I have my surgery.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views