2 week liquid det... I am DYINGGG!

Katie Rouleau
on 4/3/13 9:49 am - Lake Bluff, IL

So i started the 2 week liquid diet today and im dying!! My doctor just said 4 shakes aday, he didn't go into details about else i could have. :(  I need variety, i need something else!! any suggestions would help greatly!! 

titera75
on 4/3/13 10:29 am
I'm not where u are but can't u have clear liquids?.....Ice tea with lemon etc
_nicky_
on 4/3/13 10:37 am - OK
RNY on 06/25/13
I would call your doctor and ask.

5'6"   HW: 297   SW: 274   CW: 194   GW: 135

Total loss: 103 lbs    Surgery loss: 80 lbs    Left to lose: 59 lbs

bbearsmama
on 4/3/13 10:38 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Call your surgeon's office and see if you can have sugar free jello and popsicles. I also could have chicken broth, which was surprisingly tasty!  I bought a carton of it so that I would have several servings.  I would just pour a cup and nuke it. It was a nice contrast to the sweetness of the shakes. I also chewed a lot of sugar free gum. That way, I was at least chewing something!

I was lucky because my pre-op diet was only 1 week so it wasn't bad at all.

Best of luck to you!

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/13 10:46 am

I started my two week pre-op diet today, too. Then, out of the blue, out-of-town company showed up and wanted to take everyone out to dinner. I couldn't do it--I stayed home and drank my Muscle Milk. Now I'm tired and hungry and whiny. I'm not enjoying this, but I'm also not giving in. I will make it for 14 days! From what I've read the first three days are the hardest. I'm hoping that's true. Good luck to you. I can honestly say I understand!

Katie Rouleau
on 4/3/13 10:52 am - Lake Bluff, IL

I know! my cousin is always trying to get me to give in but i just cant! I am sooo hungry! everytime my stomach gumbles i just gulp some water! i tried some chicken broth earlier but it didnt help munch. i think im going to buy a bunch of gum & just chew chew chew! but on the bright side the shakes taste better than i thought ! & tomaro its supposed to be nice out so im planning on going for walks whenever i feel hungry!!  lol we got this!! lets kick this two weeks ass!! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/13 3:06 am

Day 2 is killing me!!!   :)

OH2012
on 4/3/13 11:05 am - OH

I would definitely ask the Doctor about clear liquids.

Stay encouraged.  This is only a two week commitment.  The surgery comes with a lifetime commitment.

The sacrifice is lousy, the results: priceless!!

Best Wishes.

Prov. 3:5,6

JaneJetson60
on 4/3/13 11:05 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Call your surgeon. Unfortunately, we don't know your surgeon's protocol and we just can't suggest anything that may go against his plan.  Give them a buzz tomorrow.  Did they not send any paperwork home with you?  You may or may not get variety.  There will be more people on here that will tell you more than I can because I didn't have to do a 2 week liquid diet. Ate food until the day before surgery  I can only imagine but hang tight. Jane

Cary R.
on 4/3/13 12:06 pm - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 04/09/13

I feel ya, I'm on day 9 of my optifast diet. 5 shakes a day. I would definitely call my surgeon office but this is what he told me i could do. i will take you the first 3 days WILL be hell. Just wait it out by day 4 you'll be used to it. 

1. sugar free syrups to add to the shakes (just a dash)

2. decaf coffee(black) mixed with the shake. 

3. decaf tea(no sugar) 

4. water water water with crystal light

5. SF JELLO

6. SF GUM

i was not allowed any broth, soups NADA... GL! U CAN DO THIS... IT'S ALL ABOUT FIGHTING THE HEAD HUNGER.. THAT'S THE DEVIL!

5"1  Follow my weightloss journey! www.thenewcary.wordpress.com   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 302 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?