Surgery on Monday Morning - Yikes!

Kat1313
on 4/6/13 10:59 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Here I thought I was doing so well.  After all, I've been thinking about WLS for almost 4 years, dithering back and forth - should I?  Shouldn't I?  What kind of WLS?  And on and on.  And on.  So I finally made up my mind, to my vast relief, and to that of everyone around me.  I jumped through all the hoops and finally got the date, 8 April 2013.  I was almost abnormally calm - almost numb, which made me very happy.  No jitters, no sleepless nights.  I was in great shape.  HAH!  Foiled again.

And.....BANG!  It hit me this morning - oh my gosh, this is for real, this is less than 2 days away.  Do I really want to do this? No, I won't go down that road.  Major butterflies which I am sure will continue to progress throughout tomorrow and tomorrow night until I'm in full blown crazy mode.

So....please, folks, keep your fingers crossed for me - first that I make it to the hospital, and second that all goes well.

Many thanks, Kathy

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/6/13 11:29 am - OH

Relax and take a deep breath - this is beyond normal. I cried in bed the night before still questioning my decision. I am over a year post op and the only regret I have is not doing it sooner. Think of all the positives that will come from your choice and how much different your life will be even a year from now. Keep your thoughts on all of that.

You will be fine and will laugh at how nervous you were afterwards.

Breath!!! Good Luck!!!

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kat1313
on 4/6/13 10:39 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Thanks, Lora

You're always the voice of sweet reason, and I do appreciate it!.  I was just doing so well, calm, almost numb.....probably denial. Thanks for the positive words!

Misty Morgan
on 4/6/13 11:36 am - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
Good luck!!!

Kat1313
on 4/6/13 10:40 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you, Misty!

richarddavis196
on 4/6/13 11:51 am - VA

Absolutely normal. This time will fly by, surgery will pass, weight loss will happen and you will adjust and adapt. Do your best to stay positive.

Kat1313
on 4/6/13 10:41 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you Richard for the encouraging words.  I'm going to keep repeating them over and over!  indecision

karenp8
on 4/6/13 1:08 pm - Brighton, IL

You will be just fine and your nerves are normal. I felt the same way too. But now I am 7 months out and down 108 pounds and wearing size 4 pants. Even better I am stronger and more fit than I have ever been. I have normal blood sugars now and have gone from being short of breath going down the basement steps to walking 5ks for fun! I promise you will be happy you did this! Just keep yourself busy and it will be over before you know iT.

Kat1313
on 4/6/13 10:44 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Karen, thank you for your response.  You've done incredibly well, and I sure hope I do half as well!  Am looking forward to feeling stronger and being more physically active.  I know this will be a big step toward better health for me.

tarsanne
on 4/6/13 3:01 pm - MO
I'm scheduled for Tuesday so I feel your pain. It has been a crazy and emotional week for me! Hugs and prayers!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views