Food

zealseal911
on 4/10/13 12:03 pm - NY
So, what did you eat today. Also, how much of a role did food have in your life before surgery?

poet_kelly
on 4/10/13 12:19 pm - OH

Today I ate some cheese, some frozen cherries, a big salad, a protein bar and two protein shakes.  I usually don't do two shakes but I wasn't very hungry most of the day and then I had a big salad for dinner that didn't give me much protein, so I did an extra shake.

Food played a big role in my life before surgery, of course.  It still does, really.  I eat less of it and make healthier choices, and I try not to eat for comfort although sometimes I still do that, too.  I still enjoy food, though.  I like going out to eat, I like cooking treats for people (today I made homemade doggie treats for my dog!).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mandy2888
on 4/10/13 12:45 pm - sioux falls, SD
RNY on 04/04/13

Thank you Kelly! I needed to read about the "normal" i will get to:) I'm a week out and had a bit of a panic today about if i can do this. Your post reaffirms what i had in my head from the beginning.

Thanx,

Mandy

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/11/13 1:22 am

I baked and ate 3 coconut cookies. RNY friendly...no sugar or flour.. my version of macaroons.. yummy. 

Yesterday I made pancakes.... RNY friendly.. then lunch I had turkey pepperoni with pickles, dinner, was some sweet potatoes chips  and pork roast, veggies, and whipped cream with blueberries for dessert..   some nuts as a snack..  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views