Had Surgery Earlier today!

Kenni
on 4/10/13 5:52 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 04/10/13

i everyone!

So, its about 1:30am, and I cant sleep. I had my surgery earlier today(I guess that means yesterday)!

Everything went awesome. There were no complications. They didnt even use my cpap! I woke up in a lot of pain and while I was in recovery I received a few shots of some pain medication. It wasnt very good and didnt last long. Once I got to the room I am staying in they gave me morphene and gravol. Much better and lasts around 4ish hours! I have a drain, which I wasnt too impressed with but oh well it doesnt bug me much!

So far I dont have a lot of gas pain but I do have pain on the inside of my stomach as well as the inscisions. Because of that I havent been able to get up and walk. My nurses dont seem concerned. I am moving my legs lots and walking like 5ft to the bathroon. I am now able to get up by myself..slowly.

So now I am layng in bed listening to my roomate snore. The morphene is kicking in and making me tired!

Tomorrow morning I get a barium swallow type of test to check for leaks and after that I wikk finally ge****er!

Sorry for any rambling and terrible spelling/grammar!

Thanks for everyones support..i love that whenever i was sad, happy, nervous that there has been someone there for me!

-Kendra

http://chunkygirlkendra.blogspot.ca           

Surgery date: April 10, 2012    

Starting Weight: 386.0
Surgery Weight: 329.0

MrsLitch
on 4/10/13 8:17 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Congrats and welcome to the losers bench! Rest when you can walk when you can and sip sip sip when you can

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

daisy142
on 4/10/13 10:12 pm - TX
Yay! Congrats! I will be where you are now soon! Have a great day!
slashes
on 4/10/13 10:52 pm

Congrats and welcome to the fun side. Walk, walk, walk and rest, rest, rest!!! The new you is coming and life will never be the same!!! Sending you big hugs!!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

KendraB1
on 4/10/13 11:25 pm - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
I'm glad you had an uneventful surgery!!!!
Most Active