Day 8 Post Surgical Update

Rean_Day
on 4/9/13 10:53 pm
RNY on 04/03/13

Whew, I think the dreaded gas pains are finally gone. I haven't had any real pains except for the normal digestive gurgling. 

I didn't take any pain medication yesterday except at nighttime when I was headed to bed. That felt like a victory. I am still getting all my fluids in and my vitamins. I did a lot of stairs yesterday and I think I might have overdone it slightly. I'm planning on taking it easy today and focus on rest. I have been spending some time each day outside in a chair in the sun, and that seems to help the "cabin fever" from being home everyday, all day.

Yesterday evening I had a little emotional moment. I was feeling pretty down and after talking with my husband figured out it was because I was frustrated with this liquid diet and mad at myself for letting my weight get so bad that RNY was needed. We talked it through and I feel much better today. I don't question my decision, I just get upset that I didn't have more success on my own. I have my first support group meeting tonight, so that should be good.

One thing I had last night that helped me feel more "normal" was some egg drop soup (strained and thinned out with chicken broth). It was sooooooo good. I hope it was "clear liquid" enough, I didn't have any bad reaction to it, so I think it was ok. I have some more for lunch today and I just can't wait.

Still no hunger, which is good. No problems getting up and down.

I have now lost 21.6 pounds since surgery day. Amazing.

Rean

Highest Weight: 344

Surgery Weight: 330

RNY surgery on April 3, 2013.  

glad2balive
on 4/9/13 11:48 pm, edited 4/9/13 11:52 pm

Great job losing! I am glad you are moving around, getting in your liquids and vitamins. Aren't you glad the gas pains are gone? (The gurgling might continue for a while.)

Doesn't the sunshine feel so good? It is good for your mind and body. 

I am proud of your success. It is normal to have ups and downs but you handled it well and your husband seemed to have helped so that was nice. Keep up the good work!   

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?