Your Thoughts ...

Jameen G.
on 5/8/13 1:58 am - NC

I just discovered I absolutely love avocado.  I know there are a lot of positive things about them.  But I am wondering ... if I am eating my lean protein, avocados, other veggies and no carbs (definitely not the white carbs, but also not eating the brown carbs - wheat bread, brown rice, etc.) ... is this a bad thing? In other words, if I am eating like I just said, do you think an avocado a day will make me gain? Just asking ... (oh ... I am 21 months out ... and yes i exercise hard for 1 hour 4x a week).

Jameen

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

bubbylucy
on 5/8/13 2:21 am - Raleigh, NC

I love avocados, so no I do not think they will make you gain. They have lots of good things in them. Good on sandwiches, salads and guacamole. Everything in moderation!!!!

Audra

martitalinda
on 5/8/13 2:22 am

I love avocado but I don't eat a whole avocado a day ... I love a half of avocado stuffed with tuna and topped with red roasted pepper and a slice of provolone cheese ... YUM that is a meal that I have quite often for lunch ... I love cubed chicken breast over lettuce and avocado slices in a salad ... I love avocado period...

In Panamá we call avocado AGUACATE ... the trees grew on our farm and we climbed them to pick the aguacate.  Grandma made us awesome tea with the leaves from the Aguacate tree too.

Guess what? even now when I peel the avocado I save the skin ... Rub the skin on your face and let it dry for an AWESOME facial mask ... it is sooooooooo soothing ... cukes over the eyes and avocado on the face ... but don't let anyone walk in on you when you have a face covered in avocado though ... my son almost had a fit once he walked in to my room when he was younger to mom the green monster with cucumber eyes LOL...

Continue to eat healthy and enjoy your healthy meals .. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

glad2balive
on 5/8/13 3:12 am

Everything in moderation even if it is packed full of good fats and nutrients and vitamins.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??