Sore hips/outer thighs?

lumina99
on 4/10/13 11:57 am - ME

Can someone tell me why i'm having sore hips and outer thighs? I do sleep on my sides a lot, but it feels like i've been working out!  I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out but does the weight loss having something to do with this?

Laura A.

Eva1230
on 4/10/13 12:01 pm
I have been having bad left hip pain. I am five weeks out it started two weekends ago after two 12 hour shifts. Saw my PCP who said it was bursitis of the greater trochanter. Told me to change shoes for two weeks if not better see him to discuss steroid injection to the hip. It hurts when I walk a certain way or especially after I get up from bed or out of my SUV.
Eva1230
on 4/10/13 12:03 pm
Honestly I wonder if I am putting more weight on my left leg vs the right. I had issues with a hip sitting higher than the other and saw a chiropractor. It happened due to so much weight gain
Gilly68
on 4/10/13 12:05 pm - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

I remember similar pains at about the same time. I was told it is from all the re-adjustment our bodies go through. It gets better...and if is doesn't get better in a few weeks or so, check with your dr.

Dee.spunk
on 4/10/13 12:08 pm - Sacramento, CA
You're having to carry tour weight differently. You know what I found helped? A yoga ball. Sit on it so you re-learn to balance your weight. Sit on it at home or if you work in an office, take it with you and sit on that instead.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Karens62
on 4/10/13 12:10 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
I have the same thing and then I realized that while I was walking regularly before surgery, I'm walking a lot faster now. I chalk it up to muscle building and possibly a little dehydration at times.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Kathleen11
on 4/10/13 12:13 pm - Burlington, Canada

I had sore hips and thighs for weeks after surgery.  Also had some spots that had lost sensation.  I found out it was because they strap you in and tilt you back for surgery. I am back to normal 11 weeks later 

MrsLitch
on 4/10/13 12:17 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Was told by my ortho it is very common to get bursitis in the first year when I went to get checked. I had a cortisone shot it really helped he said many of th rnyers he sees just need one some need two rarely does anyone need a third the bosy has figured it out by then

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

lumina99
on 4/10/13 12:29 pm - ME

Ok, the learning to carry my new weight and balance and my body adjusting makes perfect sense. I've never had issues with joints or hips before. Also I guess I'm what they call a light weight? I weighed 245 to begin with. But I'm seeing a big difference  in my weight loss in my clothes. I need to buy  scale and check! Last week I was told i lost 18lbs since surgery. Im hoping that's normal.

Laura A.

grmadeb01
on 4/10/13 1:12 pm - FL

with the weight we carried and am now loosing, it can throw your whole body and the way you walk, out of whack....as you can over compensate as the weight comes off...i  would check in with a chiropractor if you have insurance that covers that....my insurance does not cover it, but i found one that i really like and he has a decent charge for a self pay...and i get alot as i have gone to him for years....

but for the last 2-3 months i have been going to massage therapy school and boy have i been learning ALOT, and i would suggest getting a massage....if you get one that is into a therapeutic  massage, will work on that area of concern..if you get one that is more of a Swedish relaxation massage...they will slightly work on that area...but not like if they more of the thearapeutic...and yes there is a difference...check to see if you have a massage school in your area....my school just charges $20.00 for an hour massage to the general public, with a massage student...in fact i have given 26 out of the 325 i need to graduate...

but yes i would get it checked out, as it can just keep getting worse if you ignore it totally...

good luck, have a blessed day

debby

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics